The NBA Thread

Kashmir330

Uugghh! This game is hard to watch. I'm not sure who got on the plane in Boston to come play the Lakers but it t'wern't the Celtics. Celt's better get their game on for #7.

Edited by ledzepfvr

Well he woke up in time to win it. Congratulations to the Lakers.

Sad face for the Celtics sad.gif

It was there for the taking. Bad shooting. And they made many mistakes letting the Lakers back in. Im glad the Lakers won but I am a bit surprised given what a terrible game Kobe had. Artest and Kasol saved them

Yeah but he had like 15 rebounds and averaged 28 points per game throughout the playoffs. His supporting cast definitely stepped up today. Those final minutes were a heart attack in the making! Awesome final.

CONGRATULATIONS LAKERS!!! :thumbsup::cheer::notworthy:

Yeah but he had like 15 rebounds and averaged 28 points per game throughout the playoffs. His supporting cast definitely stepped up today. Those final minutes were a heart attack in the making! Awesome final.

CONGRATULATIONS LAKERS!!! thumbsup.gifcheer.gifnotworthy.gif

The Lakers were fortunate to escape with the victory given the terrible game Kobe played. To me, Kasol or Artest should have been the MVP. I know its for the series, but when it comes down to game 7 and Kobe doesnt show up, he should not win the MVP. These teams are not as good as the teams of Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West. Say what you will. And for Boston, Havlicek would shoot the lights out of any of these chumps. Rick Barry was a guy that never got enough credit. The game he scored 70 in I do not believe there were 3 point shots. Id like to see a film of that game and see how many he would have had if there was a 3 point shot then. Barry won the title without a power center. Jordan will always be called the best, but Chamberlain and Kareem were the most dominating players ever. No stopping them. As for the best "white boy" to ever play, Ill take Rick Barry or Jerry West over Bird any day.

The Lakers were fortunate to escape with the victory given the terrible game Kobe played. To me, Kasol or Artest should have been the MVP. I know its for the series, but when it comes down to game 7 and Kobe doesnt show up, he should not win the MVP. These teams are not as good as the teams of Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West. Say what you will. And for Boston, Havlicek would shoot the lights out of any of these chumps. Rick Barry was a guy that never got enough credit. The game he scored 70 in I do not believe there were 3 point shots. Id like to see a film of that game and see how many he would have had if there was a 3 point shot then. Barry won the title without a power center. Jordan will always be called the best, but Chamberlain and Kareem were the most dominating players ever. No stopping them. As for the best "white boy" to ever play, Ill take Rick Barry or Jerry West over Bird any day.

You seem to have a very black and white view of the game. By that I mean you dismiss Kobe's game yesterday because he had a bad shooting night. He more than lead the way on what was the Lakers' best defensive performance of the post-season. If Boston got and scored on just two of Kobe's rebounds, it would have been a tie game. Again, the MVP is for the entire finals regardless of whether or not you care about that fact. So yes, Kobe does deserve it, and Artest and Gasol would agree (see post-season interviews).

There's no point taking away from L.A.'s achievement by comparing to previous teams. The game is different and each should be appreciated in its own context. Lakers are part of a great tradition of winning.

F the Lakers! They have the biggest fugazi fans in all of sports. I lived there for ten years and when it comes to sports, that whole city is a bunch of wannabes and frontrunners. Being a Philly fan,

it was hard to support the Celtics, but I can't stand seeing Kobe and those dope fans happy. By the way LA, nice riots after the victory (and they say Philly fans are the worst). Booooooooooooooooo!!!

angry.gif

Edited by Wolfman

F the Lakers! They have the biggest fugazi fans in all of sports. I lived there for ten years and when it comes to sports, that whole city is a bunch of wannabes and frontrunners. Being a Philly fan, iit was hard to support the Celtics, but I can't stand seeing Kobe and those dope fans happy. By the way LA, nice riots after the victory (and they say Philly fans are the worst). Booooooooooooooooo!!!

angry.gif

I have a friend from Philly, have been there three times and they ARE THE WORST AND MOST CLASSLESS FANS IN ALL OF SPORTS!!!!! How do you like those apples Wolfman?ohmy.gif

I have a friend from Philly, have been there three times and they ARE THE WORST AND MOST CLASSLESS FANS IN ALL OF SPORTS!!!!! How do you like those apples Wolfman?ohmy.gif

I think you should stick those apples up your ass. You don't know shit and prove it over and over with your lame posts. At least when the Phillies won two years ago, we didn't riot. You are not only a moron silver medalist, you are the worst thing a sports fan can be....A FRONT RUNNER. No matter what you or the lazy national media says, Philadelphia has the most knowledgeable and loyal sports fans in America. You're just too dumb to realize that. Now piss off peon!

I think you should stick those apples up your ass. You don't know shit and prove it over and over with your lame posts. At least when the Phillies won two years ago, we didn't riot. You are not only a moron silver medalist, you are the worst thing a sports fan can be....A FRONT RUNNER. No matter what you or the lazy national media says, Philadelphia has the most knowledgeable and loyal sports fans in America. You're just too dumb to realize that. Now piss off peon!

You see, now you were not even born there were you? And you take it as a personal attack. Your comments are just lame. You are the moron and an asshole. Do me a favor and Ill do you one, dont fucking talk to me again you prick!

Chill out boys. It's just a damn ball game.

As a Californian I am embarrassed about how these Laker fans act after the game. But it was expected given what has happened in the past. The trouble makers should be ashamed of themselves. They are not fans but just a bunch of assholes using the Laker win as an excuse to cause trouble.

As a Californian I am embarrassed about how these Laker fans act after the game. But it was expected given what has happened in the past. The trouble makers should be ashamed of themselves. They are not fans but just a bunch of assholes using the Laker win as an excuse to cause trouble.

I put down Philly. He puts down LA. And then attacks me personally. So, I gave it back. Ok, maybe I should have just ignored him. He baited me and I bit like a big fish

Just curious, but what part of town were the riots?

Just curious, but what part of town were the riots?

Hopefully they did not show much of the news clips of the stuff that went on outside the Staples center. The local news I watched showed groups of people throwing cones at the cars trying to get out, one person had a group kick the shit out of him in the steet and left him lying there. I beleive this was on Flower Street. Nothing got riotous as there was a strong police force present and I am sure a few other things went on that was not shown. Wouldn't want to give the wrong impression to the world of how us Californian's act. ;)

Edited by ledzepfvr

Hopefully they did not show much of the news clips of the stuff that went on outside the Staples center. The local news I watched showed groups of people throwing cones at the cars trying to get out, one person had a group kick the shit out of him in the steet and left him lying there. I beleive this was on Flower Street. Nothing got riotous as there was a strong police force present and I am sure a few other things went on that was not shown. Wouldn't want to give the wrong impression to the world of how us Californian's act. wink.gif

I have friends there. And I always thought Cal people were about like upstate NY people. Except for the way they shrugged off that Earthquake the other night during the San Diego game. Toronto Blue Jays probably couldnt wait to get out of dodge. 5.8 quake and they just went on like it was nothing. Man. sos.gif

• 3 weeks later...

If you type in NBA on the site search it returns nothing. I had to go back and search for this. Anyway, the Lebron watch should be over by as soon as tomorrow. Its looking more like he may stay in Cleveland if they can land Bosh. But the word is Bosh doesn't want to go there? So the Knicks, Miami and Chicago are still players I guess.