The NBA Thread

Kashmir330

The latest is Lebron him self will go on ESPM Thurs night and reveal his decision, turning this into a complete side show and circus. They are actually working out the details with the sports giant and will donate any money to some charity that I missed. Unreal. Bosh does not want to go to Cleveland the reports say. So now it makes you wonder?

Now Bosh is going to Miami. So James knows his decision and is going to play this out as a media circus.

The media circus will end tomorrow night as Lebron will announce his choice on national TV on ESPN at 9 pm EST. I was thinking of starting a poll as to where people thought he would go, but doubt there is much interest. It looks like Cleveland, Miami, Chicago and New York are clearly the front runners and Miami is the favorite at the moment. They actually named the blasted show the "Decision" tomorrow night. Athletes are so overpayed now. When will this balance out?cool.gif

What the fuck Lebron? Whats up motha fucka? If you leaves Cleveland you look like an asshole! In yo ass goes to Miami you bailed out! End this fuckin game Lebron! I say he picks New York and shocks them all. Stoddemyre and him could get it done right away with the right addition. But it will take one more good player. The concenus is he picks Miami or Cleveland. Start spreadin the news!

What the fuck Lebron? Whats up motha fucka? If you leaves Cleveland you look like an asshole! In yo ass goes to Miami you bailed out! End this fuckin game Lebron! I say he picks New York and shocks them all. Stoddemyre and him could get it done right away with the right addition. But it will take one more good player. The concenus is he picks Miami or Cleveland. Start spreadin the news!

I'm thinking Miami. But who knows.

I'm thinking Miami. But who knows.

Right now if its not Miami it will be a shock to many. That is who the pick is by the experts and they think when Lebron ended the conversation last night with Bosh and Wade him saying "see you Friday" may have been a give away? But some arent sure. Most believe if he leaves Cleveland he is going to be hated and will lose respect of most sports fans. No matter what he does he will be left open to criticism how he handled this. He held six cities and a nework hostage and will be judged in a bad light when it is done if he leaves Cleveland. Imagine the fist time Miami comes to Cleveland if he leaves. There will be trouble. I am still going out on a limb and saying he shocks everyone with chosing New York who is a longshot now. It will be intersting to watch it unfold.

Right now if its not Miami it will be a shock to many. That is who the pick is by the experts and they think when Lebron ended the conversation last night with Bosh and Wade him saying "see you Friday" may have been a give away? But some arent sure. Most believe if he leaves Cleveland he is going to be hated and will lose respect of most sports fans. No matter what he does he will be left open to criticism how he handled this. He held six cities and a nework hostage and will be judged in a bad light when it is done if he leaves Cleveland. Imagine the fist time Miami comes to Cleveland if he leaves. There will be trouble. I am still going out on a limb and saying he shocks everyone with chosing New York who is a longshot now. It will be intersting to watch it unfold.

I'll go out on a limb and say, i don't care if he plays in Murmansk.

I can't believe the media attention. And it rather sickens me that someone's ego is so big as to have a one hour special to announce the lucky city. Screw it all. As we speak, we have a guy here in Detroit named Miguel Cabrera who is hitting the cover off the baseball nearly every time he comes to bat. He's either leading or tied for all three triple crown categories with nearly half the season complete. That's something to get excited about.

I'll go out on a limb and say, i don't care if he plays in Murmansk.

I can't believe the media attention. And it rather sickens me that someone's ego is so big as to have a one hour special to announce the lucky city. Screw it all. As we speak, we have a guy here in Detroit named Miguel Cabrera who is hitting the cover off the baseball nearly every time he comes to bat. He's either leading or tied for all three triple crown categories with nearly half the season complete. That's something to get excited about.

Who's Cabrera? Back to the Lebron a thon!ohmy.gif

He should play in Burma. I don't think he sweats enough.

faint1.gif

There could be trouble in Cleveland tonight. I hope not but its expected that Lebron will sign with Miami and Cleveland will hate him and put him right next to Modell on their list. I cant imagine the fist time Miami plays at Cleveland if this does happen. I still think a surprise is possibe, but the reports are Miami. Will be interesting to see how he choses his words. Walking on the team and city and leaving 30 million on the table.

There could be trouble in Cleveland tonight. I hope not but its expected that Lebron will sign with Miami and Cleveland will hate him and put him right next to Modell on their list. I cant imagine the fist time Miami plays at Cleveland if this does happen. I still think a surprise is possibe, but the reports are Miami. Will be interesting to see how he choses his words. Walking on the team and city and leaving 30 million on the table.

How about Seattle? (a one man team)

B)

I cant blame the guy for walking. Hell, Cleveland did nothing to make their lineup better from last year. They just rolled the dice and figured they would win eventually. It will be no guarantee that they will win it all next year. But hard to see them not in the Eastern final at least. Someone burning his jersey iin Cleveland already. He will get a rude reception in Cleveland.

This is horrible for the league in terms of profits (fewer tickets sold as the three stars are on one team) and integrity of the game (tampering issues have been flowing around since the All Star Game). I don't see how winning a potential championship is as sweet if you don't beat the best, but join it. These guys getting together is like being thrilled that you won against a little kid.

I think Cleveland's owner must have been drunk or smoking parsley when he wrote this, but worth a read nonetheless:

"Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers"

My Mom just moved here from Florida and this morning as we were reading newspaper headlines she said: "I don't know anything about the NBA. And I don't know who this Lebron person is or even if that is his first or his last name. But he will be like all the other rich sports stars and choose Miami.......because Florida has no state income tax."

She's one sharp 83-year-old, that mother of mine. tongue.gif

• 5 weeks later...

BACK TO BACK WORLD CHAMPS !

THREE PETE INDEED!

BOSTON SUCKS!

Well they are ready to hand Miami the title right now. I still say you must have a bench. But with the latest acquisition of that guy from Cleveland, they will be tough for sure. If anyone can upset them I guess it would be Orlando or Chicago? Chicago is in the East right? In the West I still think either Dallas or Phoenix are the teams that could give the Lakers trouble, but many think Portland are ready to take the next step? Too bad Paul couldnt have wound up in Orlando. Then Howard would have enough to make Miami's lives miserable. Time will tell.

Archived