Lynn Redgrave Passes Away

Patrycja

A devastating loss for the Redgrave family and a huge loss for her fans. I think she was a brilliant and beautiful actress - and so courageous and gracious as she battled cancer. We saw her several times but one of the highlights was about 20 years ago, in London, in Three Sisters, with her sister Vanessa. In my memory, Lynn was as brilliant and amazing an actress as Vanessa that night. One of the best and most memorable productions I've seen. Years ago, my friends and I loved her in this:

She was the 'odd' one out in a famous family, which must have come with its own weird and heavy expectations/disappointments. Still, she became a wonderful actress in her own right, and overcame some terrible personal tragedies - which she chronicled to some extent in the plays she wrote (see website) as well as in projects she engaged in - with grace and courage. Lynn was my favourite Redgrave.

As Knebby pointed out, losing your two younger siblings and a daughter in one year...well words fail. Poor Vanessa. My deepest sympathies to the family.

Archived