Extra hard Zep quiz

Good quiz! I got 7 out of 10- some like Q1 were toss-ups b/c I knew the date but unsure of the place.

Thanks for putting it together- very cool! Best of luck with the new guitarist.

Cheers! :beer:

edited: just read Steve A. Jones reply above about Q1- learn something new every day which is what makes something like this fun.

9/10. Answered the equipment question incorrectly. By the way, none of the answers to question one are correct as David Hope has substantiated they were billed as Led Zeppelin for a gig held at the Mayfair in Newcastle on October 4, 1968.

Damn! Really?

When we researched it all back in 2007 trying to put together a 40th anniversary tour we concluded categorically that the Mayfair Ballroom was still a Yardbirds gig. In fact even the poster for Surrey Uni says the Yardbirds, but I understood that was because it had gone to press earlier and that the official billing was Led Zeppelin.

I may have to rewrite the question, or the answers, or something!

LOL

Good quiz! I got 7 out of 10- some like Q1 were toss-ups b/c I knew the date but unsure of the place.

Thanks for putting it together- very cool! Best of luck with the new guitarist.

Cheers! :beer:

edited: just read Steve A. Jones reply above about Q1- learn something new every day which is what makes something like this fun.

Yep I agree I have to chase this up now and check my facts.

I sympathise with QI researchers now, when they get a fact right one season and the next season it is wrong due to new knowledge.

I do think the quiz would be worthless if there wasn't some detailed info in the answers.

I learned a lot making it.

9/10. Answered the equipment question incorrectly. By the way, none of the answers to question one are correct as David Hope has substantiated they were billed as Led Zeppelin for a gig held at the Mayfair in Newcastle on October 4, 1968.

Hi Steve, I'd really appreciate a source.

Not in a challenging aggressive way but I would very much like to get my facts straight before changing anything, and it is important for me to link to the source in the answers page.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived