Extra hard Zep quiz

Hi I thought just for a bit of fun I would try to make a really hard Led Zeppelin quiz.

It took quite a bit of work as I was trying to find questions that would not be easy to google the answers to.

I spent a lot of time trying to make sure I actually had the right answers, in fact at least one of them is answered incorrectly on this site, but I am 100% sure I have the right answer.

Our bass player, bless him got 3/10 which is about what you will get if you guess every question!

Anyway, please feel free to check it out. www.ledzeptoo.co.uk

I'm sure some of you will get better than 5/10 which is the best score I have been told about so far.

It doesn't record your results or anything. My scripting skills are not quite that good.

So you just have to be honest.

I got 6, had to guess a few.

Very respectable.

I meant to say that I am not averse to anyone pointing out any errors.

If I have made a mistake I would rather be told. Although I am pretty confident that I have all the bases covered.

1. is a stinker, ST, because almost every official source has the wrong info.

That's why I had to include it.

2. is probably the one I am most worried about because there is no proof either way that my answer is even correct, but its got to be the best guess.

still 7/10 is a damn fine score. Better than I would have got if I hadn't done all the research first. ;)

Its very easy to click the wrong answer, sorry Wolfman.

I hereby officially award you the 6 that you deserve. :D

I'm soo good :D 7/10

:unsure: But...I count it twice, and I think I had 4 wrong - 4(3);6(4);7(3);10(2)

:P I get the correct answer on 1 and 9 by 100% guessing, and on 5 by ~70% guessing

Whoa! The globe thing is so cool!

(too bad bin Laden is not a Zep fan :blink: )

(But I didn't quite understand, from the home page, what are you: a band? a fan club IRL with a site? a Zep site?)

Oh no! Really?

I guess because I haven't got any photos of the band on there.

It is a tribute to Led Zeppelin.

We recently had to get rid of our guitarist because he forgot he is not a wealthy rock star.

Booze and other stuff were taking over and the playing was going downhill.

But it was the smashing stuff up at gigs that got too much for us.

We have just got our new guitarist up to speed and, incredibly, he is technically better

(Maybe not as passionate) than the old one.

But we haven't played a gig with him yet so there are no pictures or audio without the old guy.

Oh no! Really?

I guess because I haven't got any photos of the band on there.

It is a tribute to Led Zeppelin.

We recently had to get rid of our guitarist because he forgot he is not a wealthy rock star.

Booze and other stuff were taking over and the playing was going downhill.

But it was the smashing stuff up at gigs that got too much for us.

We have just got our new guitarist up to speed and, incredibly, he is technically better

(Maybe not as passionate) than the old one.

But we haven't played a gig with him yet so there are no pictures or audio without the old guy.

;) Well, I got that it was a band involved, but the word "tribute" could have mean other things too (like...a "movement" :P )

Good luck with your project! I love your enthusiasm! Looking forward for YouTube posts.

:blink: "smashing stuff up" ?? As in...smashing guitars and amps? The guy must have been really dazed & confused (confusing rock bands)

Nah, he never damaged his precious Jimmy Page custom Les Paul, but he chucked a few chairs around swept glasses off tables and kicked in quite a few walls and doors at various times.

You know that famous story of Peter Grant giving a hotel owner enough money to smash up one of his own rooms?

Well our old Jimmy cost us almost as much as we were earning some nights.

I got 8 out of 10! "Well done, you know your Zeppelin." Very cool sitepost-12775-127397149961_thumb.jpg(I think I missed the owner of Bron-yr-Aur and the location and date of the first LZ concert). Maybe I should write a book or two on this subject. Oh wait... Anyway, good luck with the tribute act and keep that new guitarist in line.

One book...

Two books...

I got 8 out of 10! "Well done, you know your Zeppelin." Very cool sitepost-12775-127397149961_thumb.jpg(I think I missed the owner of Bron-yr-Aur and the location and date of the first LZ concert). Maybe I should write a book or two on this subject. Oh wait... Anyway, good luck with the tribute act and keep that new guitarist in line.

One book...

Two books...

Very funny!

(I loved your first book and I recently went to Barnes and Noble specifically looking for your second book, but it was unavailable. Guess I will have to buy it online.)

Well done Taylore

Ah ha, ZDR you must be the Romanian flag that kept popping up from time to time yesterday.

It is addictive isn't it? Especially when there are a few people on.

I added a shout box so you can add little comments in real time.

George C nice one, I take my hat off to you sir.

I could never presume to write a book on the subject.

I met Dave Lewis last year when he came to one of our gigs.

He said we were "Authentic right down to the mistakes!" :D

Got a 6 / 10. Pretty difficult!

But then again; maybe it's a good thing I didn't get a 10 outta 10. I bet Msrs. Jones/Page/Plant couldn't even do that!!

• 1 month later...

9/10. Answered the equipment question incorrectly. By the way, none of the answers to question one are correct as David Hope has substantiated they were billed as Led Zeppelin for a gig held at the Mayfair in Newcastle on October 4, 1968.

Archived