Jason Newsted interview

Janet

From the Mercury News, 5/21/10 interview with ex-Metallica bassist at http://www.mercuryne...?nclick_check=1

"Newsted hasn't ruled out going big again, taking calls the past few years from the likes of Slash, Aerosmith's Joey Kramer and others looking at side projects, none of which progressed past the first couple of calls. Last week he received a message from former AC/DC and The Firm drummer Chris Slade, who texted he was "looking for (Jimmy) Page and Newsted."

"Jimmy Page and Chris Slade," he says, with a laugh. "What time do you want me there? When you get called by your first name by guys whose posters you used to have on the wall — and still do, as my dad has kept my old room the way it was with the posters of Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith and AC/DC — surreal is the word for it.""

OOPS - just saw that someone else posted this in a different thread.

My opinion is , Jimmy won't be playing with Jason Newsted Chris Slade or anyone in 2010. I believe he is retired as an active musician.

I think you're right.

He said he intended to play live and record this year, never said he'd be releasing new music in 2010...

He's been saying that sort of thing for how many years now though?

He's been saying that sort of thing for how many years now though?

Yeah I know, but he'll get it done eventually. Let's put it this way; do you really think he'd keep talking about his new music if he wasn't going to actually do it? What would his motive be?

Yeah I know, but he'll get it done eventually. Let's put it this way; do you really think he'd keep talking about his new music if he wasn't going to actually do it? What would his motive be?

Easy: no will to sustain..

(my 2 cents)

(my 2 cents)

I don't think that's it. I think he has new music that he badly wanted to record with Zep. In my opinion he's finally come to grips with the idea that that isn't happening. He has the will but now he has to find musicians he can trust, which obviously adds a step to the process. That element was built in with Jones and Plant, and to a lesser extent Jason. That's one reason this story is interesting, because Slade is a drummer he has a rapport with.

Patience...

(my 2 cents)

:hysterical: Great "All My Love" reference!!

Proud Aryan one word, my will to sustain. For me, the cloth once more to spin ...

Yeah, it's got to be The Pressure to release something majestic, timeless, classic. The music probably isn't there yet, and maybe he's waiting for something like subconscious inspiration to take over. But yeah, it's been a long ... STOP IT!! I say, just release what ya got, James Patrick, and let the chips fall where they may. You know he's still got a gem of a song or two ready for the world to hear!

Archived