Are Led Zeppelin really the best band ever?

Levee

While music may be subjective, I still say that Led Zeppelin really are the best band ever. In my opinion, there isn't a better vocalist than Mr. Plant, nor a better guitarist than Mr. Page, nor a better bassist/keyboardist than Mr. Jones, nor a better drummer than Mr. Bonham was. Now, that may be just me (it probably isn't... Hopefully, for Led Zeppelin's sake anyhow...), but hey--everybody has their own opinions, right?

It's tough to say Led Zeppelin are the best band ever, even though they're my favorite band of all time. When it comes down to it, there are so many things that factor into greatness, whether it be originality, technical ability, lyrics, etc. For me, I think The Beatles and Led Zeppelin are the two best bands ever. I think The Rolling Stones deserve to be recognized as one of the greatest bands ever, but I just can't say they're better than Zep or the Beatles. In comparing the two, I think The Beatles had a little more of an impact on music, but that Led Zeppelin were by far the better band technically.

Here's a cool list that ranks bands on a variety of levels including songs, consistency, live performances, etc: http://www.avrev.com/top-100-bands-of-all-time/top-10-rock-bands/index.php

While it's not a perfect list (Stones at #20), it does bring up a lot of things that should be considered in a great rock band. The list ranks Led Zeppelin #1 and The Beatles #2, but this is mainly due to the technical ability catagory, which Zeppelin won in a landslide (otherwise The Beatles would have been #1). For me, I'll always rank Zep as my favorite band of all time, but as far as greatest band ever, it'll always be a debate.

YES!!!! No one has even come close......EVER!

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!:thumbsup: They are not human. They are not of this Earth. Nobody is even close. Just imagine if Bonzo had lived and how much more material we would have had. It breaks my heart to think of it. There are very few bands that can pass the test of time. Led Zeppelin and the Beatles have done it and with flying colors. The Stones have done it but they are still playing sort of. Outside of the rock we love, Sinatra, Elvis, and hell, we have to throw Beethoven in there and a few others that have survived the test of time. When you look at bands that play well, lets call it hard rock or rock n roll, nobody can come close to Led Zeppelin for their talent as musicians. Nobody!!!!! And dont come back and tell me Black Sabbath's guitarist can play as good as jiimmy Page or that Neil Pert can even come close to Bonham,. I will only give one close call and that would be John Paul Jones on bass compared to Entwhistle. I say its about a tie but Jonesy plays the keyboards too and he plays some songs where he plays bass foot pedals and you would never know that there wasnt a bass player there playing stand up bass while he played the keys. I remember watching in sheer amazement some of the things he did at that concert. Trampled under foot and No Quarter. Just incredible. Led Zeppelin. The best band to ever walk the planet and the best that ever will.

one of the best bands besides LZ is Queen, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, AC DC, The Doors, U2, The Who, Black Sabbath, I guess I can put the Eagles in there but some people doesn't like The Eagles some said they are overrated which i don't get they are pretty underrated to me I love "Hotel California" and "In The City". How can i forget Aerosmith they are one of the greatest too, but if you say who are the greatest solo artists I say Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Celine Dion, Garth Brooks, Tupac, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, etc. I'm forgetting other arists i'm sorry. I think the bands who should get alot of recognition more are Boston, Blue Oyster Cult, Stepphenwolf, Deep Purple, and Foghat they were great at their prime but underrated.

Lets not forget Led Zeppelin done it with very little publicity and released next to no singles.

They weren't the only group to use that metric. I agree LZ achieved a lot with very little in terms of traditional marketing, but they were hardly alone in that.

one of the best bands besides LZ is Queen, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, AC DC, The Doors, U2, The Who, Black Sabbath, I guess I can put the Eagles in there but some people doesn't like The Eagles some said they are overrated which i don't get they are pretty underrated to me I love "Hotel California" and "In The City". How can i forget Aerosmith they are one of the greatest too, but if you say who are the greatest solo artists I say Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Celine Dion, Garth Brooks, Tupac, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, etc. I'm forgetting other arists i'm sorry. I think the bands who should get alot of recognition more are Boston, Blue Oyster Cult, Stepphenwolf, Deep Purple, and Foghat they were great at their prime but underrated.

The Eagles are not overated. They are a great band. Great. Henley and Frey and Walsh are all great and Henley is one of the best vocalists of all time. How can anyone ay the Eagles are not good. ha.

Archived