RP- The Solo Albums

Should I look into purchasing full length Robert Plant albums? I have the hits- like "Ship of Fools," "In the Mood," etc. I know asking on a Led Zeppelin Forum might render some biased answers, but in all honesty, I have no idea about Robert's solo work aside from his endeavor with Alison Krauss. Thanks for any input!

TYG

Should I look into purchasing full length Robert Plant albums? I have the hits- like "Ship of Fools," "In the Mood," etc. I know asking on a Led Zeppelin Forum might render some biased answers, but in all honesty, I have no idea about Robert's solo work aside from his endeavor with Alison Krauss. Thanks for any input!

TYG

Yes, yes, yes, and yes :D :D :D

Also forget not to purchase the hole in the middle of each album, else you can't listen to them.

A good starter for the collection would be Fate of Nations, it's got a Zep flavour around it that still gives me goosebumps after so many years.

Best to start at the beginning with Pictures at Eleven and work your way through the albums to see his progression as an artist. There's lots of twists and turns along the way but well worth the exploration. B)

Thanks, guys! Will do!

I have so much music to catch up on. I'm slowly getting into Modest Mouse's early stuff, as I am to see them in concert soon. Now, I've realized I haven't had time to explore Robert Plant!? What's wrong with me!? I'm also trying to collect most of Devendra Banhart and R.E.M. I know, strange combinations. But, I have quite eclectic tastes.

Cheers!

TYG

Thanks, guys! Will do!

I have so much music to catch up on. I'm slowly getting into Modest Mouse's early stuff, as I am to see them in concert soon. Now, I've realized I haven't had time to explore Robert Plant!? What's wrong with me!? I'm also trying to collect most of Devendra Banhart and R.E.M. I know, strange combinations. But, I have quite eclectic tastes.

Cheers!

TYG

Not strange at all! It's great to have diverse taste :) Have fun exploring the RP records. Let us know what you think.

TYG

Yes... You won't regret it ;)

i'd say tread carefully my friend. it's all subjective obviously but i find some his albums to be pretty poor shakenand stirred for eaxample. i liked pictures at eleven and loved fate of nations, but most inbetween i wouldnt pay much for. manic nirvana was more a return to his more traditional sound

just my tuppence worth. i'm sure many would disagree with me

Archived