Will Chelsea Clinton convert?

Atlas

So the son of a Bankster marries the daughter of a Mobster. Birds of a feather if you ask me, but then I'm neither Christian nor Jewish. I find this whole discussion rather amusing and somewhat annoying.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2010/07/will_chelsea_clinton_convert.html

Will Chelsea Clinton convert? And why no one is wondering if the groom will.

By

Lynn Sweet

on July 18, 2010 9:46 AM | Permalink | Comments (11)

Chelsea Clinton is getting married at the end of the month. There is fascination with all things about this wedding in some quarters, especially who will conduct the ceremony and, David Gibson at Politics Daily writes, if she will convert.

Chelsea, a Methodist is marrying Marc Mezvinsky, who is Jewish.

Writes Gibson, "It is telling that nowhere in the speculation among Jews is there any consideration that Marc Mezvinsky might become Christian."

Former President Bill Clinton will be walking his daughter down the aisle and not reprising his wedding role from last week.

On July 10, the ex-president officiated at the wedding of Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) and Huma Abedin, the longtime personal assistant to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. Weiner is Jewish and Abedin is a Muslim.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/07/10/will-chelsea-clinton-convert-jews-wonder-and-ponder-the-impl/

I was married to a Jew. Typically the children will take the religion of the mother. It was not the case with me as I told her I would have no part of it. They will be raised catholic and that is it. She was not a religious Jew. A conservative, non practicing, un orthodox. The parents did not approve but did go to the baptism. It will be interesting to see what happens on this one. The Clinton;s, I dont know how strongly they feel about it? Protestants are not as strict as Catholics so they may not really care?

the wedding of Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) and Huma Abedin, the longtime personal assistant to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. Weiner is Jewish and Abedin is a Muslim.

I find this a lot more interesting than any of the Chelsea stuff.

Weiner is such a... well, weiner, that I can't help suspecting him of trying to make a political statement / draw attention to himself by marrying a Muslim.

From his past performances, I wouldn't put him above it.

On a side note...

His name always makes me think of the comedian (maybe Colbert, not sure) who suggested the manliest names in the world - Dick Armey, Wolf Blitzer, Lee Majors, Lance Armstrong, etc...

The esteemed Representative from New York's name reflects the polar opposite of such masculine, testosterone-infused appellations.

Archived