Daltrey Still Wants To Work With Jimmy

kenog

http://www.stereoboa...t/view/161731/9

The above is a link to an interview with Roger Daltrey where he is still expressing an interest in working with Jimmy. I agree totally with Roger's comments about JP.

"... In addition to new material from The Who, Roger Daltrey also revealed that he was looking to launch his 'Blues' album next year. Speaking about teaming up with a high profile guitarist to record an album of blues songs, Daltrey said.

“I’ve always wanted to do something with Jimmy (Page). I mean, what the hell is he doing? It’s a waste of talent – he’s a genius. "

The entire 30 minute interview is on the Who's official website.

You know what, it sounds like Daltrey is just as big a Jimmy fan as the rest of us. If he can make it happen, then it's a win win and I'm all for it !

You know what, it sounds like Daltrey is just as big a Jimmy fan as the rest of us. If he can make it happen, then it's a win win and I'm all for it !

It would be interesting for sure. I dont know if Jimmy would do it? I dont know how close he and Townsend are? I would bet against it though. And for all the criticism thrown around about Led Zeppelin not being Led Zeppelin without Bonzo, I would think it would be even more signifigant the Who going on without Entwistle. Entwistle to me is tied with JPJ as the two greatest bass players in rock history. And he even sang a bit. My Wife and such. So you would have no Keith Moon and no Entwistle. Far more out on a limb than Zepp without one member.

How about these surviving members form something new: :D

B --eatles

L --ed Zeppelin

T--he Who

Jimmy Page --- electric/acoustic

Pete Townshend -- acoustic/electric/vocals

Roger Daltrey -- vocals/harmonica/acoustic

Paul McCartney -- bass/piano/vocals

JPJ --- bass/piano

Ringo with his son, Zak -- drums

R B)

Archived