Jimmy At Soho House on 13 October

kenog

This is from Ross' diary, 13/10/2010

"...October 13

Met up with my friend Ulf Zick and his partner Bonna for an early dinner at The Soho House. My son Oliver came along - strange to think I'd be hanging out with him at twenty three, but I had a wonderful time with him. We were joined by the always late Dave Brolan and Jimmy Page.

I enjoyed the Soho House. The upstairs bit past the bar was nice to hang out in. Ulf and Bonna went to the "Jungle" to see Axl and back up band at the 02 while Oliver, Jimmy and I looked around Soho , Jimmy pointing out where the Marquee Club was, me telling my son about Soho in the good old days. Or bad old days - depends on your view point. The days when I was young and stupid, I suppose."

www.sohohouse.com

I think Jimmy spends most of his social time hanging around Soho B) I've never run in to him yet, maybe i use the wrong places :P

When in Soho after getting a lunch time beer,the barman mentioned that the guitarist I was always was banging on about had just been in.

Jimmy something..or other.

Most of my beer went up nose and over the counter at that point...

When in Soho after getting a lunch time beer,the barman mentioned that the guitarist I was always was banging on about had just been in.

Jimmy something..or other.

Most of my beer went up nose and over the counter at that point...

Which pub was that?

That gig was held Monday, Aug 20th 1990.

I found a posting on YouTube, where some guy is talking about his mate's girlfriend meeting Jimmy at the Marquee, and disappearing with him for a few days :D . I wonder if it relates to the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RXKKD5JBAY

Excerpt of text from the above YouTube link

1 year ago

"Is this the house in Holland Park? .. Many yrs ago (late 80's) JP sat in a show of Aerosmiths at the Marquis. My mate's German girlfriend went & didn't come home for 2 days - he was freakin' out & found out that she went home with Jimmy Page. He knew where he lived so we went around there to check it out. I was hoping to meet my idol & my mate was hoping to get his GF back. .. Either Jimmy wasn't home or he was too busy porking her to answer the door ! She came home a few days later .."

Yes. But it is also getting rather sad waiting for Jimmy's book, Jimmy 'manifesting' some music, or even Jimmy touring! I was hoping (like many others) that JP's book would have been out by now so that we would have something more meaningful to discuss. The new Stephen Davis book is due out this month, but that is likely to be as factual as 'Hammer of the Gods'!

I understand. It would have helped if Jimmy (or someone representing him?) made it a bit clear as to why his plans are so delayed. No such thing happening. We wait.

Yes. But it is also getting rather sad waiting for Jimmy's book, Jimmy 'manifesting' some music, or even Jimmy touring! I was hoping (like many others) that JP's book would have been out by now so that we would have something more meaningful to discuss. The new Stephen Davis book is due out this month, but that is likely to be as factual as 'Hammer of the Gods'!

Archived