METALLICA

k5ymo

Really? If you don't mind me asking, what tracks have you tried?

Keep in mind I'm not a You-Tube fanatic, nor does the local radio play a diverse sampling of what's out there. But from this forum, I've looked into Oysterhead, stuff with Warren Haynes, Buckethead, live Primus... It all seemed similar, and imitative of farting noises (sorry, you asked). But when I heard him with Ozzy, doing N.I.B. - wow!

Keep in mind I'm not a You-Tube fanatic, nor does the local radio play a diverse sampling of what's out there. But from this forum, I've looked into Oysterhead, stuff with Warren Haynes, Buckethead, live Primus... It all seemed similar, and imitative of farting noises (sorry, you asked). But when I heard him with Ozzy, doing N.I.B. - wow!

Oh dude, his side projects definitely aren't for everyone, even I only listen to a few of those tracks regularly. Try these, if you don't think these groove, there's no hope for you! ;)

and to stay on topic...

^ Sorry, my man - but I still stand by my assessment. I would love to see Les covering or guest with any other group, but the original stuff does not grab me at all. I had the chance to see him with Warren Haynes in Virginia, a few years ago, but passed as I was visiting my mom. She's in her late 80's, but we listen to music together and have gone to shows, also. I had a feeling this would not be a good one for her, although she frequents that local theater. When I checked You-Tube for what they did in that show - OMG, she would have hit me over the head with her purse, if I had taken her!

Oysterhead sucked too, IMO.

sorry dude I`d like more please...

^ Sorry, my man - but I still stand by my assessment. I would love to see Les covering or guest with any other group, but the original stuff does not grab me at all. I had the chance to see him with Warren Haynes in Virginia, a few years ago, but passed as I was visiting my mom. She's in her late 80's, but we listen to music together and have gone to shows, also. I had a feeling this would not be a good one for her, although she frequents that local theater. When I checked You-Tube for what they did in that show - OMG, she would have hit me over the head with her purse, if I had taken her!

yes jimmie ray well said...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2014 at 8:33 PM, Pagefan55 said:

I know people who have seen the film "Some Kind of Monster" and the reviews from those people have been mixed.

I'm not a big Metallica fan, but I like the song, "For Whom The Bell Tolls."

Not sure if you're a college football fan, but "For Whom the Bell Tolls" always makes me think of 3rd down!

Saw them in 91 at the Donington Monsters of Rock. I’m not a huge fan of theirs, but what an eye opener for a 16 year old kid. They were absolutely amazing live. A significant portion of the crowd buggered off after they left the stage and didn’t stick around for the headliners (AC/DC). The Black Crowes opened the show and they were brilliant as well (I’d never heard of them). Queensryche played and they were pretty good too. Motley Crüe were the other band - they sucked! 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...