21 years ago today.

Droosay

^^^

Robert Plant joins local band Out of the Blue for a Day of Awareness charity show in aid of Barnardo's at Swan Centre in Kidderminster; they performed five cover versions ('Run to You', 'Spirit In The Sky', 'She Loves My Automobile', 'Every Breath You Take', 'All Along The Watchtower') and 'Rock And Roll'.

Barnardo's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnardo%27s

I don't know where I read or heard this, but the rumour is that Robert got popped for DUI and did this (the band is all police officers) as part of his plea arrangement.

Thats interesting, description in the video says they were security guards ? Interesting story though.

I don't know where I read or heard this, but the rumour is that Robert got popped for DUI and did this (the band is all police officers) as part of his plea arrangement.

I can't recall if it was DUI or speeding but do understand this was indeed community service as part of a plea arrangement and that the band is comprised of local police officers.

...Out of the Blue as in out of their blue police uniforms...

I can't recall if it was DUI or speeding but do understand this was indeed community service as part of a plea arrangement and that the band is comprised of local police officers.

...Out of the Blue as in out of their blue police uniforms...

They were local Police Officers and were his friends and they just did it to raise some funds for a local community centre. No DUI or speeding involved. :)

Hello 1st post here. I thought this was a great thing for Robert to do for the people for Kidderminster while getting in the last minute Christmas shopping in 1989.

Sorry if its been posted before?

Thanks for sharing ans welcome to the forum! Is there more video from the rest of the performance? Would love to see more of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't we all look younger then, 21 yeras ago and its flown by. Never seen this before but how cool is that to jam with Plant. He should play harmonica more as he is a great player.

Nice find

Archived