No "In Through the Out Door" tonight

Glad they didn't play Fool in the Rain...not one of their better efforts.

There's a vid of Plant playing that song with Pearl Jam and they didn't know the words so he and Veder went back and forth so that they could each memorize one verse. Threw the lyric sheet into the crowd after the song.

Imo, in the evening could have fit the setlist, as misty mountain hop did... all my love and caroulembra would not have. i'm gonna crawl would have been a nice surprise, but still wouldnt fit in and dont think they would have considered it.

Personally, would have preferred -in the light, would have fit the heavy and dark of the setlist.

It's simple, the band sat down and discussed what songs were most vital in the big "public" picture. They only had a limited time onstage. Jimmy said in an interview in Japan that For Your Life was for the hardcore fans, and truth be told, other than that nugget just for us, ITTOD wasn't the most representative of their catalog in the big "public" picture. For Your Life was the nod to the fans. They focused on the heyday and the songs everyone in the crowd could recognize. Play the legendary songs everyone with a pulse remembers them for.

Personally, they could've played Darlene and I would've dumped my beer on my head and danced like a buffoon! "Darlene!!! No waaayyy!! Yeaaaaahhhh!". I like the unexpected tunes possibly more than the expected ones. Always have. :beer:

Archived