Best Jimmy Page Impersonator EVER! - Jimmy Sakurai

If you haven't seen it already, here's the Youtube video where Jimmy Page goes to see Jimmy S. play at a club in Tokyo. Jimmy (Page) is clearly having a great time...

Jimmy Page goes to see Jimmy S.

Really sorry that I don't know how to embed the video. If anyone can advise for future reference, please do!

Edited by nigelss

• 4 months later...
On 2/1/2011 at 6:26 PM, JPJ = the groovinator said:

I do enjoy these two, but I feel like Jimmy S. just watched TSRTS way too many times.

Well WHAT ELSE did he have to go off of back in the day ,no internet etc....i suppose he could have expanded more in recient times ... 

But JS  is amazing ....JP actually went & saw him LIVE! 

FACT

12 hours ago, z1inspector said:

Well WHAT ELSE did he have to go off of back in the day ,no internet etc....i suppose he could have expanded more in recient times ... 

But JS  is amazing ....JP actually went & saw him LIVE! 

FACT

How about Danmrks Radio, Touts en Scene(?), Superstars in concert etc, all widely known before the internet came along.

Edited by JTM
full stop.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fookin’ hell! Don’t really know how to react to this. It is so weird but yet skillful. 

Could only see short clips first but seeing the singer’s blouse made me think these guys take no prisoners 😂.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, hummingbird69 said:

read my post again.  

Read the thread title again: "Best Jimmy Page Impersonator EVER!"

You seem not to like the entire concept of someone doing an impersonation routine of Page. If that is the case, I absolutely agree with you: I find Zep impersonation acts like this unappealing (the singers are IMHO the worst - it's just farcical and embarrassing to see them dressed like '73-'77 Plant).

But it's not reasonable to deny that Sakurai is an incredible impersonator of Jimmy Page - the clothing, the body language and movements, and of course the playing - he impersonates him better than anyone else I've ever seen. You're right that it lacks that extra something of Page himself in his prime. But that's not because he's not an amazing impersonator of Page. Rather, it's because a note-for-note copy of an original live performance that was full of improvisation and spontaneity is by definition a flawed concept. The problem is with the whole impersonation endeavor. But that's not Sakurai's fault. He's the best at what he does. 

Edited by tmtomh

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...