Central Park footage '69

LedZep342

I was just wondering if anyone knows more about the Central Park footage, like is it going to ever be released?

Here's some correspondence that owner Bill Shelley sent to me in September 2009.

"Yes, my company Shelley Archives Inc does have film materials of Led Zeppelin in Central Park 1969. We own approximately 40 minutes of color 16mm film (negative and positive) that have to be match edited and sound sync'd. The sound is on 16mm full coat mag track.

For the moment there are possible plans for restoration through several record companies I'm involved with. As you may know, copyrights, publishing rights and image licensing from the artists have to be cleared in order to do anything with this film footage and this amounts often to a legal and long standing nightmare. My company is currently being licensed by Eagle Rock Entertainment for DVD releases of concert materials in the vault."

Best Wishes,

Bill Shelley

Shelley Archives Inc

There have been a couple of brief snippits of this footage that have been shown in public since then but since it's a few reels out of 100,000+ that he is in possession of, it may take a while (or the right price) to have it see the real light of day.

Is the sound soundboard or just from the cameras that captured the event? I have this show on cd and like it a lot, even though the quality is not great. Hope this sees the light of day sometime! B)

Is the sound soundboard or just from the cameras that captured the event? I have this show on cd and like it a lot,

sound captured from the camera's??? Not taking in account some exceptions aimed at the rich amateur, 16mm camera's don't have 'on board' sound recording . If the 16mm prints have magnetic sound it is most likely the crew would have used Nagra (or uher of stellavox,...) reel to reel field recorders with pilot sync.

If a SB or multitrack exists, Jimmy could have done a similar job to it as the RAH 1970 footage :D

Here's some correspondence that owner Bill Shelley sent to me in September 2009.

There have been a couple of brief snippits of this footage that have been shown in public since then but since it's a few reels out of 100,000+ that he is in possession of, it may take a while (or the right price) to have it see the real light of day.

That's actually from LedZeppelin.org

Archived