Dancing Days "louder" on remastered discs?

dpat

I've meant to bring this up for some time now, but keep forgetting: Does it seem that Dancing Days on the first Zep box set (4-CD with the crop circles) and on the Complete Recording collection, the track seems louder than the rest of the songs? I usually play the CDs fairly loud -- but when DD starts up, man, it is loud!

• 2 weeks later...

lol Mothership. I too hear the increase in volume on certain songs. Sibly is a lot clearer and quite louder as well. No squeaky foot pedal :D

I wouldn't touch Mothership if you want remastered Zep, buy Led Zeppelin Boxset 1. My dad got it for 90 dollars CDN in the early 90's and passed it on to me a while ago...a long with his albums. That boxset is what got me into the band as a kid...The album art is soo cool plus I loved the order of the songs and still do...Sometimes i still expect WHen The Levee Breaks after Dancing Days

lol Mothership. I too hear the increase in volume on certain songs. Sibly is a lot clearer and quite louder as well. No squeaky foot pedal :D

I wouldn't touch Mothership if you want remastered Zep, buy Led Zeppelin Boxset 1. My dad got it for 90 dollars CDN in the early 90's and passed it on to me a while ago...a long with his albums. That boxset is what got me into the band as a kid...The album art is soo cool plus I loved the order of the songs and still do...Sometimes i still expect WHen The Levee Breaks after Dancing Days

I too love the the song order too. I was tired of Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid, while the former was followed by Communication Breakdown. Like that better. Too bad, FM radio didn't take that lead.

I too love the the song order too. I was tired of Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid, while the former was followed by Communication Breakdown. Like that better. Too bad, FM radio didn't take that lead.

I consider myself lucky that I'm of the Ipod Generation...I've heard Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid quite a few times and I never listen to the radio because it always has a negative affect on my personal favorites. I'm a big GnR fan and the radio almost ruined Appetite for Destruction for me. Also A big Judas Priest fan and i can't even touch Breaking The Law now at all LOL.

I always enjoyed Dancing Days from the moment i heard it. It's jsut so Groovy.

I don't hear it being louder than the other songs on my disc 3. When The Levee Breaks' drum start is not very loud at all, takes away from it's power, on my disc. Different pressings, different results, I guess.

I don't hear it being louder than the other songs on my disc 3. When The Levee Breaks' drum start is not very loud at all, takes away from it's power, on my disc. Different pressings, different results, I guess.

That's odd. Though i find the original recording quite quiet on my cd.

Archived