Tea for One intro

I love the intro to Tea for One, and it drives me crazy that it doesn't keep going. It seems like it started as something else. A friend of mine said he heard an outtake where they played that riff into another song, but he can't find it anymore. Has anyone heard this?

I love the intro to Tea for One, and it drives me crazy that it doesn't keep going. It seems like it started as something else. A friend of mine said he heard an outtake where they played that riff into another song, but he can't find it anymore. Has anyone heard this?

Never heard what your talking about..... But its a great intro... well the whole song is amazing.. so much feel and mood, We play it at rehearsals, the intro feels out of time... an illusion to the ears... Clever Zep.

the only outtakes I know of are the ones off Brutal Artistry II and Studio Outtakes 1975. Could those be the ones? Although it doesn't sound like it. Maybe your friend is thinking of the Page and Plant tour.

the only outtakes I know of are the ones off Brutal Artistry II and Studio Outtakes 1975. Could those be the ones? Although it doesn't sound like it. Maybe your friend is thinking of the Page and Plant tour.

Right, those are the only other ones...Page & Plant versions run the same exact sections as the studio besides a couple of rough intros lol.

& Yes Joe Bonamassa plays a hell of a version of this.

• 3 weeks later...

The intro is pretty awesome. A very under the radar song as far as songs that the casual Zeppelin fan knows about. It took me over a year after getting into them to get to this song. I love the whole thing, the intro did sound it was going somewhere, but luckily, the rest of the song goes somewhere equally as good. 'Presence' was a different album and it was songs like "Tea For One" that made it different and great.

Great song and great intro. It is actually one of my favorite songs of Presence. I really like the twist that intro makes in this song. I didn't expect the song to turn into a heartbreaking blues epic when I first time listened to it. It really came as a surprise.

Archived