Saw Jimmy tonight

dave2007

..not sure whether this is News or Trivia....but walking on our way home from the pub tonight we were approaching Notting Hill Gate tube tube station and came face to face with Jimmy. He was on his own which surprised me...before when I've seen him in the area he is usually with someone.

No...we didn;t stop him to try and talk...we let him be. and quite frankly we had had a few beers so probably a wise decision....don't want to freak him out especially when he was solo.

Still...nice ending to the evening.

..not sure whether this is News or Trivia....but walking on our way home from the pub tonight we were approaching Notting Hill Gate tube tube station and came face to face with Jimmy. He was on his own which surprised me...before when I've seen him in the area he is usually with someone.

No...we didn;t stop him to try and talk...we let him be. and quite frankly we had had a few beers so probably a wise decision....don't want to freak him out especially when he was solo.

Lucky for you to see him, even though you've crossed paths before. How did he seem and look during this brief encounter?

One of my old friends is getting together with some of Jimmy's long-time friends/acquaintances tomorrow, near where you saw him last night. I was so tempted to ask if Jimmy would be there too but at the risk of appearing as an overly-eager fan, I kept my curiosity at bay...now I am again wondering - I think I'll try to nonchalantly ask about his presence later this weekend...

Thanks for the post. I say it's worthy news! Might I add...you have shown amazing restraint; pints or not. Glad he's around and out - One starts to worry when there is little to be heard or seen.

Have a grand weekend!

jo

post-16971-0-03168200-1301704302_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Cool ... although I would have caved into temptation and have said quickly something like, "Jimmy, thanks for all the great years of some of, if not THE, best music I've ever heard in my life," and continue on my way. I was staying in London a few years back near one of his residences ... pity though, I did not know until I got back home about how close I was to his home. Not that I'd stalk or anything, but might have hit a pub or two in the immediate area.

Archived