My Daughter's Wedding. Help!

silvermedalist

I am actually hoping my daughter picks a song by Sinatra or Billy Joel since he was at her Syracuse Graduation and five feet from me. I realize Led Zeppelin is not reeally music you can dance to. But I cant stand the Rascal Flats and all that stuff. My older daughter who is getting married this summer out of town, likes alot of music country included. My younger daughter is into my stuff, Zeppelin included. I may get stuck dancing with my daughter to either rascal flats or Taylor Swift. I told her I liked the song by Swift better. And you know why? Because in country music I can not stand male vocalists. I prefer female vocalists by far. I welcome any advice and maybe from some that are into country.

My brother and my sister in law chose The Beatles "Two Of Us". It was perfect, in central New York State, in the Adirondacks. The reception was at Glenmere, where a lot of celebrities in the past have stayed, including Babe Ruth many years ago. Some of the members of the house band have played with Keith Richards and Bob Dylan. Session musicians but great none the less.

Billy Joel performed the last concert at Shea Stadium and it's out on dvd now. It features a funny incident during the concert when a man near the stage proposed to a woman. Joel congratulated them from the stage, then exclaimed "Get a pre-nup!"

I am sure in reference to the beating he took in a divorce. As for the place in the mountains, i have been all through the Adirondacks but am not familiear with it. Beautiful area. This wedding will be on the St Lawrence River

I am actually hoping my daughter picks a song by Sinatra or Billy Joel since he was at her Syracuse Graduation and five feet from me. I realize Led Zeppelin is not reeally music you can dance to. But I cant stand the Rascal Flats and all that stuff. My older daughter who is getting married this summer out of town, likes alot of music country included. My younger daughter is into my stuff, Zeppelin included. I may get stuck dancing with my daughter to either rascal flats or Taylor Swift. I told her I liked the song by Swift better. And you know why? Because in country music I can not stand male vocalists. I prefer female vocalists by far. I welcome any advice and maybe from some that are into country.

I finally found a female vocalist for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xrhcQcAJSI&feature=related

• 3 years later...

The average wedding in the U.S. now costs roughly 25-30 thousand U.S. dollars. Here's a funny/sad story: I attended the wedding of a friend 11 years ago. He and his bride spent 110 thousand U.S. dollars on their wedding. It was an extravagant affair, complete with a huge cake, hundreds of guests, horse and carriage, etc. Anyway, 10 months later they got divorced, lol. Even worse, he hadn't signed a pre-nuptial agreement, lol.

My Dad and I danced to "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong; he had always wanted that as a father/daughter song, and it was absolutely perfect smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzJY96m3lkg

That's a beautiful song for a father/daughter dance.

The average wedding in the U.S. now costs roughly 25-30 thousand U.S. dollars. Here's a funny/sad story: I attended the wedding of a friend 11 years ago, and he and his bride spent 110,000 thousand U.S. dollars on their wedding. It was an extravagant affair, complete with a huge cake, hundreds of guests, horse and carriage, etc. Anyway, 10 months later they got divorced, lol. Even worse, he hadn't signed a pre-nuptial agreement, lol.

But of course, it's the fairy tale wedding... and marriage! :lol: Getting married these days is generally like going to Disneyworld, it's just something you do when you're bored, :lol: it doesn't have to last or mean anything. Marriage is disposable now.

But of course, it's the fairy tale wedding... and marriage! :lol: Getting married these days is generally like going to Disneyworld, it's just something you do when you're bored, :lol: it doesn't have to last or mean anything. Marriage is disposable now.

It's true -- and sad.

The average wedding in the U.S. now costs roughly 25-30 thousand U.S. dollars. Here's a funny/sad story: I attended the wedding of a friend 11 years ago. He and his bride spent 110 thousand U.S. dollars on their wedding. It was an extravagant affair, complete with a huge cake, hundreds of guests, horse and carriage, etc. Anyway, 10 months later they got divorced, lol. Even worse, he hadn't signed a pre-nuptial agreement, lol.

When I was a kid (mid-Sixties to late Seventies) most wedding receptions I attended took place in the afternoon and served finger sandwiches, wedding cake, mixed nuts, after-dinner mints and champagne punch. They were usually held in the church hall or at the home of the bride's parents. There was no emcee, no DJ and no dancing. Most of the brides' families were lower middle class and this is what they could afford.

Archived