So, do you think Robert felt slighted?

Just wondering if what took place with Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason after the o2 show put a wall between Robert and the rest of the guys. My wife was watching American Idol tonight and seeing Steven Tyler made me grateful that it didn't work with whatever Jimmy and Co. were trying to do. I was thinking, in 1993, Robert was still rocking, and when Jimmy teamed up with Coverdale, maybe it hit close to home, and perhaps helped pave the way for Page/Plant. I think Robert is so far beyond caring about what artist is trying to clone his "king of Cock Rock" days, that he could care less. And seeing the variety musical styles the JPJ gets into these days, makes me wonder why Jimmy is so content on holding out for a Zep reunion. Maybe some creative output would help his cause. Just my 2 cents. Sorry if this old ground, I'm bored with the storms taking out my directiv, and a small tornado about 40 miles from me a few hours ago........

Just wondering if what took place with Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason after the o2 show put a wall between Robert and the rest of the guys. My wife was watching American Idol tonight and seeing Steven Tyler made me grateful that it didn't work with whatever Jimmy and Co. were trying to do. I was thinking, in 1993, Robert was still rocking, and when Jimmy teamed up with Coverdale, maybe it hit close to home, and perhaps helped pave the way for Page/Plant. I think Robert is so far beyond caring about what artist is trying to clone his "king of Cock Rock" days, that he could care less. And seeing the variety musical styles the JPJ gets into these days, makes me wonder why Jimmy is so content on holding out for a Zep reunion. Maybe some creative output would help his cause. Just my 2 cents. Sorry if this old ground, I'm bored with the storms taking out my directiv, and a small tornado about 40 miles from me a few hours ago........

Coverdale/Page didn't hit close to home and pave the way for Page/Plant. Plant offering Page an opportunity to work together on a project (MTV Unledded) they both found intriguing paved the way for Page/Plant.

Just wondering if what took place with Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason after the o2 show put a wall between Robert and the rest of the guys. And seeing the variety musical styles the JPJ gets into these days, makes me wonder why Jimmy is so content on holding out for a Zep reunion. Maybe some creative output would help his cause. Just my 2 cents. Sorry if this old ground, I'm bored with the storms taking out my directiv, and a small tornado about 40 miles from me a few hours ago........

I don't think it put a wall between Plant and the rest but it did throw them temporarily. Jason and JPJ went on to other projects and I just think that the reality that a Zep tour wasn't going to happen, hit Page hard. We can only speculate as to what Page is doing musically, of course we know he has been busy with his website. I have a strong suspicion that if Plant were to offer a project with Page, Zep related or not, Page would jump at the chance.

Zep was Page's baby and I find it very intriguing that he has come 180 degrees from the time he was in The Firm. At that point in time, he wanted to focus on his current music endeavors, he hated having to talk about Zep, trying to recover from the loss of Bonham and the band. Looking back was difficult for him at that point in his life but now he has been able to allow for healing to take place and he can reflect and have respect for his musical legacy. Now, he can't talk about anything but Zep and doesn't want to talk much about what he is or isn't doing currently.

I don't think it put a wall between Plant and the rest but it did throw them temporarily. Jason and JPJ went on to other projects and I just think that the reality that a Zep tour wasn't going to happen, hit Page hard. We can only speculate as to what Page is doing musically, of course we know he has been busy with his website. I have a strong suspicion that if Plant were to offer a project with Page, Zep related or not, Page would jump at the chance.

Zep was Page's baby and I find it very intriguing that he has come 180 degrees from the time he was in The Firm. At that point in time, he wanted to focus on his current music endeavors, he hated having to talk about Zep, trying to recover from the loss of Bonham and the band. Looking back was difficult for him at that point in his life but now he has been able to allow for healing to take place and he can reflect and have respect for his musical legacy. Now, he can't talk about anything but Zep and doesn't want to talk much about what he is or isn't doing currently.

I like the Jimmy Page of the Firm. New music, new ideas, new guitar sounds. Video I've seen of Page Plant live, I much prefer their new songs they wrote for the 2 cds they put out than all the Zeppelin songs they performed in those tours. I can't see them do Ramble on any more! Seeing the vid. of them doing Hear in Your Hand or Walking into Clarksdale was way more impressive to me, fresh, and exciting. I get Plant in that sense. He said something about Zeppelin being a young man's game. Agreed. New music please. the only Zep I would like to see is releases of audio or video from when they were together as the original band with John Bonham, no more current versions of Zeppelin for me.

I like how Jimmy after Zeppelin was so keen to try lots of new stuff out and I think he still hasn't really found anything remotely as satisfying to him as Zeppelin was. Coverdale, The Firm were all great but I think he finds a sort of home comfort in working with Robert and John Paul. Seeing his smiles during the reunion you can just tell that is where he will always flourish musically.

Archived