The Complete Led Zeppelin

blloop

I'm sure this has been brought up at some point, but since I've just recently joined I'd like to get it out there, that Jimmy Page should really release something of Led zeppelin's in all it's completeness. He could break it up into volumes, but what I'm looking for is: All A/V concerts unedited, extra backstage footage, Alternate songs (Oh, this one is the most important, I would love to hear different takes for different songs, like "In the Light", an alternate version is already on youtube, but I would love for it to be remastered and put on a CD, or Blu-Ray, when they come out with just audio) Books, and any recordings legit or not. People could send in their good bootlegs, and he could work them into masterpieces!! What a dream I have, and if only it could come true. Hell I'd pay 1000 bucks for what I'm askin'!!

BTW: Is there an actual DVD or something that features the whole of the Earls court concert of '75? I see Tangerine, Heartbreaker, and Black Dog from that performance on youtube, but have not seen a tangible source.

Ha! Dream on, kid! We'd ALL love to see something like that released, but if there's anything we've figured out about Jimmy over the years, it's that "unedited" is his least favourite word in the english language.

As for a DVD of the Earl's Court concerts...sure, there's dvds you can get of both the May 24 and May 25 shows. I cannot tell you where or how to get them...for then, I'd have to kill you and then Jimmy would turn me into a newt.

But I'm sure you're bright enough and your facility with the internet is good enough for you to figure it out.

Cheers and happy hunting.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome! I hope to learn as much about Zeppelin as possible from this site!

If you really want some additonal information I would suggest Tight But Loose (the website and the magazine) Dave Lewis is truly a scholar and has written a number of books as well.

Archived