Activision Wanted LED ZEPPELIN or Guitar Hero

DavidZoso

I guess the song rotation is a little more varied here up north.

When I was listening to local commercial radio on more of a regular basis I can assure you that "Kashmir" was getting tons of airplay in this area as well. Since the modus operandi of "Classic Rock" radio is to play the same handful of songs by the same artists into the ground I'm sure not much (if anything) has changed.

If you guys think the US is bad in terms of classic rock radio you should hear our classic rock station here. They play the same old songs and artists (Radar Love by Golden Earring, ACDC, Aerosmith etc.) Except now as well as that they are trying to appeal to a wider audience so they have started playing heaps of more modern stuff, which I wouldn't have a problem with if it wasn't bands like Nickelback. I never listen to the radio anymore, no point really. If I do its always overseas stations that stream their broadcasts online.

We had Guitar Hero and my son, who was 11 at the time, got tired of it pretty damn quick. He has never aspired to be a rock star but more importantly, the game became very boring to him. I don't think kids playing this game are thinking they are leaning how to play guitar.

The classic rock station here plays Heartbreaker/Living Lovin Maid all the damn time!

The classic rock station here in Oklahoma City plays obscure songs like Travelling Riverside Blues. I don't think I've heard Stairway on the radio for about a year, honestly. It's weird, but it might be in reaction to it being perceived as overplayed.

Archived