Jimmy's 1975 rhythm pick up

JimmyPageZoSo56

In 1975 the #1 Les Paul had a PAF in the rhythm/neck positon and a T-top in the lead/bridge position. I couldn't tell you for sure if the neck PAF was the original or had been replaced by then with the 1960 PAF beleived to be in the guitar today.

The #2 Les Paul had AFAIK a pair of PAFs, but was only really used as a spare (string breaks, #1 out of tune etc) or for DADGAD tuning for Kashmir.

In 1975 the #1 Les Paul had a PAF in the rhythm/neck positon and a T-top in the lead/bridge position. I couldn't tell you for sure if the neck PAF was the original or had been replaced by then with the 1960 PAF beleived to be in the guitar today.

The #2 Les Paul had AFAIK a pair of PAFs, but was only really used as a spare (string breaks, #1 out of tune etc) or for DADGAD tuning for Kashmir.

Thanks huw! Really helps!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember seeing pictures and hearing accounts that when #1 had problems, he'd use #2. There are pictures from the 1975 tour showing him using #2 for Dazed and Confused.

Back cover to Snow Jobs.

2qxugat.jpg

sorry, can't find the original and then there's this one;

fa1cz.jpg

My question is that in this picture, why does #2 have a black bridge pick-up when it was a cream pick-up for the 1975 tour and from this photo taken in 1977;

111q9g7.jpg

Archived