The Daily Death Report

redrum

This is what I've come to call the local TV news stations all across the country (and world) who always start their programs with 15 minutes of death and who was recently killed be it accidentally or maliciously. I've decided to give them all a new motto:

'YOUR DEATH IS OUR BREAD AND BUTTER'

And when no local deaths have occurred locally (God forbid) they dredge up anything from another part of the country or world to report on. They thrive on death and destruction and give it to us with pretty, smiling faces without batting an eye. I believe it's gotten so bad that most people have pretty much become numb to it all. To me they're nothing but a bunch of well dressed, morbid vulture bastards and bitches. And why is it they'll save just one small blip of good news at the very end of the broadcast? Assholes, the lot of them.

:angry::thumbdown:

Led Zep Girl: Major Major was quoting the Grim Reaper from a Monty Python bit.

I think Tool explains it rather well.

Jane's Addiction says it even better: "the news is just another show...with sex and violence..."

Well, let me tell YOU something, this thread is going nowhere.

I'm a real nowhere man, sitting in my nowhere land

Making all my nowhere plans for nobody

:lol:

'If you don't like the news, go out and make your own!'--Scoop

Okay, this is how the news game works: "WAR FAMINE DEATH AIDS WAR FAMINE DEATH AIDS !!!"- Then they cut to the commercial- "BUY A NEW CAR AND EVERYTHING WILL BE... BEAUTIFUL!!!" It's much easier to sell people things that they don't need when they're terrified and depressed. Good news would destroy what's left of the economy.

Led Zep Girl: Major Major was quoting the Grim Reaper from a Monty Python bit.

Jane's Addiction says it even better: "the news is just another show...with sex and violence..."

Been caught stealing the fans' money.

Howard Cosell at the recent Cairo soccer game:

Howard: 'Good evening sports fans, we are coming to you 'live' from Cairo where 50 have been stabbed to death by the sore loser side!'

Dandy Don: 'Howard, I haven't seen this much bloodshed since the Tet offensive!'

Frank Gifford: 'Ah, but this is what the TV audience craves guys!'

Howard: 'How right you are Frankie! How right you are! Back to you, Don!'

They pretty much have a standard format, and rarely stray into that dangerous realm of real journalism. Real journalists get fired, killed, harassed, threatened and/or defamed. Before I started to wake up to the really Big Lies, I mistrusted the MSM. Now I assume that I am being lied to any time they report on topics of significant consequence.

It never changes as they use the first 15/20 minutes to depress everyone. My father lived in fear after hearing the news or reading the paper and I couldn't get him to ignore it.

Violent deaths are the most interesting. Especially if there is sexual abuse involved. Violent death involving child molestation is about the top of the charts. Then there are always the hot teacher screwing the schoolboys. That's a big seller.

It's never ending.

We had a local episode here a while back where some jerk got himself screwed by a horse and died from internal injuries.

Now THAT'S cruelty to animals.

And a fairly recent case of some crazy bastard who had 75 cats and one dog in his truck camper. The reporter said he couldn't go near the camper because of the smell. Humans are a sorry bunch. :^(

Archived