Announce a Tour -

I cant fathom why they wouldnt want to take this on the road? Did you see the smiles, the faces, the emotions? Take a look at Getty Images (Ross Halfin provided some of the most compelling images).

You can clearly see that they were having a blast and loving every minute of it.

With all of the pent-up demand leading up to the O2 show, and now all of the positive news after the fact - it just makes sense.....

It wouldnt be for the money - however - lets do some quick math....

50 US stadiums @ 80,000 seater per stadium X $100 per seat = $400,000,000 gross.

How many people crahsed the AE site in an effort to register for tickets, MILLIONS!!!!

The number of seats in the US alone is only 4MM people.... they'd fill them without blinking an eye!

I see the issue as Robert and Robert alone.... his quote sums it up.... "The past should take care of itself".....

If Robert reads this, I hope he realizes that there are "pleas" from fans that have gone the extra step and have supported him through both good times and bad, on his journeys through his post-Zeppelin career. He doesn't owe us anything - but he should know that there are lots of us hungering for more of this path he has chosen to embark on (if for only a brief moment)....

Now we wait...

It's too late in life to live for the sake of other peoples unfilled desires. I hope he does only what he wants to do when he wants to do it.
Totally agree.....I posted a similar thought in thread about Robert's letter \ statement to MTV. I won't bore you with it here. Wonderful point Steve...

I cant fathom why they wouldnt want to take this on the road? Did you see the smiles, the faces, the emotions?

It wouldnt be for the money - however - lets do some quick math....

50 US stadiums @ 80,000 seater per stadium X $100 per seat = $400,000,000 gross.

A tour is hard work. Going on a nostalgia trip for 1 night was a lot of fun....but do they want to tour around the world flying for hours on planes, away from their family (Jimmy has 2 young children), doing hundreds of press interviews, all to rehash old glories and play songs they wrote as 20 year olds? What NEW is in it for them? As artists they have always striven to break new ground and try new things - a Zeppelin tour would be an artistic step backwards.

They don't need the money either...

I hope they do tour, and I'm not suggesting this is how they are thinking, I'm just thinking of how they MIGHT be thinking......

Dear Mr. Robert Plant,

I am a home-schooling mom of 4 and not your average crazy fan, but your music has been the soundtrack of my life. I am so happy the tribute concert for Ahmet went so well although I regret we didn't win in the ballot or contests to see such an awesome one-off event. I know you originally felt not to tour, but is there a posibility you all would consider coming to Mississippi or any city in America? I'm sure I speak for the rest of the U.S.A. in saying that we would be honored to celebrate with Led Zeppelin the magic you have rekindled in your band. Of course we all will respect whatever you all decide to do; but just know, I will be saving every bit of my extra grocery money in hopes you will turn a kind heart to all of us here in America who weren't able to get to London.

Much Love From Mississippi,

Mrs. Christi McDonald

Archived