Anyone at The Fillmore East May 31 1969 ?

rockin'gary

Saw Zeppelin the first time at the Fillmore East on May 31 1969

Wilbert Harrison and Delaney & Bonnie were the opening act!

Zeppelin did much of the debut album including:

Dazed &Confused

How Many More Times ( w/ The Hunter & Boogie Chiilldrun )

Communication Breakdown

You Shook Me

Black Mountain / White Summer

I Can't Quit You Babe

Train Kept a Rolling

Also saw them at Carnegie Hall in New York City on Oct 17 1969

Good Times Bad Times

Communication Breakdown

I Can't Quit You Babe

White Summer / Black Mountain Side

Moby Dick

How Many More Times / The Lemon Song

Heartbreaker / Livin' Lovin' Maid

Ramble On

Whole Lotta Love

Please let me know if anyone out there was at either of these shows

Rock On

Now wait a minute....do you definately remember ANY of Livin Lovin Maid or Ramble On ?

How much of these did they play ?

No existence of these are on any boot tapes...'cept for teeny snippets in other songs for RO and only spoken word between songs for LLM.....so if you have clear memory of this...and know they played these....then spill it !!!!

I don't mean to come off sounding so skeptical...but it'd be historic if this performance was so....please inform us...many would like to know...thanks..

This special show at Carnegie was mostly industry types and was the show to debut not only the new american tour but also debut LZ II

I always jotted down the set lists and let me tell you this was by far the BEST Zep show I and all my collegues have ever seen and heard

Most shows in those days were either sloppy or the sound sucked

Carnegie Hall has perfect acoustics so the sound was killer and

the prestige of a rock band playing there brought the best out in the musicians and being they were debuting a new disc (almost in its entirerty) to an important audience and the combo of sound & acoustics made this the definative LZ show in many eyes and ears!

Where did you see them thattour?

I doubt that they played LLM.

I'm hesitant to think they did too...but neither you (I'm assuming) or I were at the show and I know I've heard things in my life others wouldn't believe....so it's possible. Memories become cloudy though...they have done one-ofts of tunes that we know of. They could have done Four Sticks or Friends more than once, who knows ?

I'm hesitant to think they did too...but neither you (I'm assuming) or I were at the show and I know I've heard things in my life others wouldn't believe....so it's possible. Memories become cloudy though...they have done one-ofts of tunes that we know of. They could have done Four Sticks or Friends more than once, who knows ?

I agree and I wouldn't even doubt that they played Ramble On but they from when they first played Heartbreaker in September or so of that year they never played LLM after it from the boots I have. And Page never liked it. I can see them maybe trying out RO but thinking it wasn't right or easy to play for their concerts then. But I don't think Page ever played LLM.

Isn't it this show were Plant, Jones and Bonzo were jamming on LLM while Page was changing a broken string... Just to tease Page a bit!

I think I've read this story somewhere years ago...

I can be wrong, too.

I think you may be talking about the San Bernadino 08.08.69 show. Pagey breaks his string and the rest of the band does a impromptu version of 'I Gotta Move.'

The only Ramble On I ever heard was from a medley Vancouver March 21, 1970 and that was just Plant singing some of the lyrics with the band doing nothing in particular

As for LLM, it is a separate song from Heartbreaker. Always has been and always will be. Plant mentioned something about it at one of the Earls Court '75 shows when he was talking about how they were going to cover their 6 and a half year career but there would be nothing about "with a purple umbrella and a 50 cent hat" (sung in a very whiny voice) so I am inclined to believe that it was never played live by Zeppelin and only played on the radio like that because it was on the single. It is definitely an issue with me that Hearbreaker can never be heard on the radio without that cutesy little ditty LLM.

Responding to another part of this thread, I think that "I Gotta Move" improvisation was from Stockholm 3-14-69, not any of the other ones mentioned. I had a 22 minute boot from that show. 22 minutes for the entire Cd, what a rip off. It wasn't part of any other song, just "I Gotta Move" with a surprise thrown in the middle. It's the only recording I know of for "Sittin and Thinkin'" that I am aware of, as well.

Drew

Archived