Hillsborough; Justice after 23 years

joe (Liverpool)

At last the Liverpool supporters have been exonerated in the deaths of 96 of them. As everybody already knew it was police negligence. I haven't bought a certain newspaper since that day, and it still amazes me that people still buy it. I hope they print a grovelling apology for their comments, my sympathies to the families, from an Evertonian to all Liverpool supporters.

Yes, agreed, a very sombre day.

The Sun have printed apologies but I will still never buy it.

I find it laughable how many people are blaming Thatcher. She's like an all-round punch-bag.

I'll never forget that day and the tragedy that unfolded. It's true that some fans were not well-behaved, and some of the footage of them climbing walls and gates to get in, with the police struggling to control them, is uncomfortable to watch, but there is no justification for what unfolded and the way people tried to cover it up and shift blame in the most revolting ways possible. It's one thing to try to avoid blame, quite another to slander the dead.

A long time coming, but we can be thankful that the truth was revealed in our lifetimes.

Maybe the report should be read by the gun-toting "America is the greatest country in the world" idiot who insisted that these people had died due to "soccer riots" and "hooligans". But he'll never admit he was wrong ( even though we know he still comes here).

Yes, agreed, a very sombre day.

The Sun have printed apologies but I will still never buy it.

I find it laughable how many people are blaming Thatcher. She's like an all-round punch-bag.

I'll never forget that day and the tragedy that unfolded. It's true that some fans were not well-behaved, and some of the footage of them climbing walls and gates to get in, with the police struggling to control them, is uncomfortable to watch, but there is no justification for what unfolded and the way people tried to cover it up and shift blame in the most revolting ways possible. It's one thing to try to avoid blame, quite another to slander the dead.

A long time coming, but we can be thankful that the truth was revealed in our lifetimes.

Maybe the report should be read by the gun-toting "America is the greatest country in the world" idiot who insisted that these people had died due to "soccer riots" and "hooligans". But he'll never admit he was wrong ( even though we know he still comes here).

Well said, especially gun toting america, their police would have shot more people than sadly died

:rant: These generalizations are uncalled for, especially from someone not living in this country.

I know you have quoted Joe here, but to clarify, my comment was aimed at one particular member. I have no such attitude to the whole of America, and I hope we can all move away from that potential debate, which isn't needed here.

Back on topic, this article may help those unfamiliar with the story

http://www.dailymail...ow-justice.html

I know you have quoted Joe here, but to clarify, my comment was aimed at one particular member. I have no such attitude to the whole of America, and I hope we can all move away from that potential debate, which isn't needed here.

Back on topic, this article may help those unfamiliar with the story

http://www.dailymail...ow-justice.html

Well said...... this is about police blaming Liverpool supporters for an incident which is now proved to be the British police's fault

Sorry I didn't realise "this website" was a country, at least I use my name and where I live. So american police don't shoot anybody then?

Do you want a badge of honor or something? American police do shoot people, so do police in England. It is your assumption American police would have shot people and possibly more people than died is off base and uncalled for.

I have a feeling that there will be prosecutions. There must be a record of the person/s that authorised the alteration of and who altered witness statements Name them and shame them. They should also be prosecuted. The Police were ill prepared that tragic day, they should have known that there would be hundreds of fans turning up ticketless,that's something that always happens at important games. Contingency plans should have been in place. And as for the Police that cried that they had a bad day and claimed and were awarded compensation should be made to pay that money back. Police claiming compensation was shameful and for what, Doing their job? I'm sure the majority of the relatives of the 96 were not looking for financial gain. They just wanted the truth and the justice they have for so long been waiting for and finally got.

Well said, especially gun toting america, their police would have shot more people than sadly died

To be fair Joe our Police can be just as bad...ie the [Edit]Jean Charles de Menzes.... tube station shooting.

Thanks Knebby.

The police have to be accountable and the FA too as apparently the ground had no safety license. It dosen't surprise me that the filth covered their tracks. The 80's were a shambles with the ridiculous laws brought in by Thatcher and her right wing government. The police wantedly assulted travellers at The Battle Of the Beanfield, The Miners strike and Stonehenge. My mates brother was in the filth at the time and he gloated,like many, with their wage packets waved in front of miners.

I hope that there are criminal proceedings brought against these vile and disgraceful actions of these people. Years too late in my opinion

Archived