The FA Cup thread

Old Shep

For the uninitiated, the FA Cup is England's premier football knockout competition, contested not only by the big clubs but also all the non-league amateurs. As such, it has a romance to it, because if the minnows make it through the early rounds, they can end up facing the biggest names in the land, and there is therefore the potential for upsets, or 'giant-killings'.

Today saw the 3rd Round, which is the point where all the Premier League and Championship clubs join the fray - and indeed, there have been a couple of Championship teams (i.e. the division just below the Premier League) knocked out by non-league opposition today - but so far, there have been no big surprises involving Premier League clubs. Little West Ham just came close to beating Man Utd, but Legend Van Persie saved the day, and the match will be replayed.

Earlier on, Premier League strugglers Newcastle were beaten 2-0 by Championship club Brighton. Some might view this as an upset, but in reality Brighton are only 14 places below Newcastle, who used to be a big club many years ago but have been punching above their weight for some time, and are now widely considered to be a Championship side-in-waiting.

Ah, I forgot to mention Wolves. They were one of the Championship clubs knocked out by non-league opposition, lmfao.

As I explained before Dawg, Newcastle haven't been a big club for some time now. In fact, the only thing about them that's big these days is the size of their male supporters' tits, lol.

Ah, I forgot to mention Wolves. They were one of the Championship clubs knocked out by non-league opposition, lmfao.

As I explained before Dawg, Newcastle haven't been a big club for some time now. In fact, the only thing about them that's big these days is the size of their male supporters' tits, lol.

Please don't get me all worked up with their hooligans. i'll need to start another troll line and express my desire for large Pectoral muscles that I've been harboring for an eon.

Now now Major, you could at least get who beat Newcastle right. It was Brighton ..not Reading.

I'm sure you'll be ok with that, Joe.

Fucking Suarez, at it again. The man is truly shameless. I heard someone excuse it as an 'instinctive reaction' - which is probably true, but only because it's rat-boy's instinct to cheat.

I played football until I was 39, I was nothing special but when the ball came towards my hand I instinctively moved away, I agree, he's a cheating twat, didn't he get booked just a few matches ago for putting the ball into the net with his hand? That's bad enough but he turned around to celebrate. A racist and a cheat - is this what Rodgers is after in his side?

It's the integrity of the wanker that gets me. He should have said "Hay ref I handled the ball" - no goal. The score then at full time would have been a draw. You would have fancied the scouse to win the replay? His cred would be sky high and people would be talking about how cool it was of him to do this. But unfortunately he will go down as a racist, cheating tosser who when he's not kissing his wrist he can kiss my arse.

Remember when Robbie Fowler had gone over in the box, and then he claimed he’d fallen over and it was not a penalty to save the defender from being sent off, His then manager Roy Evans gave an interesting post match interview

Yet Robbie Fowler is quoted in the Daily Mirror this morning as saying"Suarez did nothing wrong and I'm amazed at the reaction. I don't believe he handled deliberately".....I wonder if he had said the same if it was a Mansfield winning goal, as with the rest of Liverpool supporters, they have blinkered vision, if it goes for them then it's OK. If it goes against them then it's a disgrace. The Liverpudlians I know are always moaning how Suarez should have had this or that penalty. GThe reason he doesn't get them is because he is a diver and a cheat, which is a shame as he is a talented player. It seems some South Americans think its OK to cheat and racially abuse other players. Still I expect Rodgers considers him to be a good role model to all young liverpool supporters

Fowler is talking out of his arse. Suarez clearly moved his hand towards the ball, which makes it deliberate.

Gotta love Robbie though. That touchline-snorting pose was pure class :thumbsup:

I also liked the one where Chelski were taking a free kick (Le Saux) and Fowler was winking at him and wiggling his arse, sent Le Saux fucking nuts, pure class.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived