Bonzo interviews?

bontreux

I have noticed there are very few interviews with Bonzo. As a drummer this is kind of a bummer.

I was wondering if the reason why I can't find more interviews is because they are somewhere hidden, or he has in fact avoided them and only made a couple.

I only know three, one in 1970, one in 1980 and one with Roy Carr, which I don't know the date.

John Bonham Interviews (Press)

Disc & Music Echo (Jan 10, 1970) (UK)

"Led-Zeppelin-A-Week: There's Nothing Better than a Good Rave, Says John" Part 2 of 4 by Caroline Boucher

Memphis Press-Scimitar (Apr 17, 1970) (Memphis, TN)

"A Zeppelin That Didn't Go Down" by Margaret McKee

New Musical Express (Apr 18, 1970) (UK)

"Ask-In: With A Zeppelin A Week Series -John Bonham" by Ritchie Yorke

Disc & Music Echo (Jun 27, 1970) (UK)

(Headline and author unconfirmed)

Record Mirror (Jun 27, 1970) (UK)

"Long Hair Almost Got Us Shot"

Melody Maker (Nov 13, 1971) (UK)

"Solved: The Great Zeppelin Mystery" by Chris Welch

New Musical Express (Aug 12, 1972) (UK)

"The Zap In Zep" by Roy Carr

Sounds (Jul 27, 1974) (UK)

"The 'Sounds' Talk-In: "John Bonham" by Steve Peacock

Melody Maker (Jun 21, 1975) (UK)

"Bonham: Over the Hills and Far Away"…Chris Welch goes down to the farm…to meet Led Zep's ace drummer by Chris Welch

John Bonham Interviews (Radio)

'Chris Grant's Tasty Pop Sundae' on BBC Radio (Jun 16, 1969) (UK)

Jose Arthur's 'Pop Club' on Radio France Inter (Jun 19-21 (?) 1969) (France)

Earth News (Westwood One Radio, Inc) (Week of June 6, 1976) (USA)

John Bonham Interviews (Television)

Australia 1972 Press Conference

Alright Now (England) (John Bonham interviewed by host Billy Connolly at Tyne Tees Studio...filmed Mar 4, 1980...aired Jul 17, 1980)

Steve, for their career span, that really is only a few. I had read somewhere that Bonham was frustrated at times during press conferences because he was not asked any questions being just the drummer to many peoples eyes.

Steve, for their career span, that really is only a few. I had read somewhere that Bonham was frustrated at times during press conferences because he was not asked any questions being just the drummer to many peoples eyes.

I've got "The Zap in Zep" in my scrapbook and he is complaining about the British press and their treatment of Led Zeppelin.

Thank you very much Steve. I'll look them up. I'm really trying to get all the information out of him.

You're right. Drummers are always left behind in a band haha. people don't realize they're the ones that keep everything going. The worse thing is that the lack of interviews make it very hard to find out Bonham's secrets.

Thank you very much Steve. I'll look them up. I'm really trying to get all the information out of him.

You're right. Drummers are always left behind in a band haha. people don't realize they're the ones that keep everything going. The worse thing is that the lack of interviews make it very hard to find out Bonham's secrets.

How do you think Jonesy feels?!

How do you think Jonesy feels?!

Hahaha good point. I was watching the O2 interviews and JPJ simply stopped listening to the questions since none of them were for him... at one point he just says he wasn't listening at all.

Definitely one of the most underrated and overlooked musicians ever!

Archived