Jimmy in tour?

murilo1805

Jimmy has said that he will be touring some time later this year, but it is not known if this will actually happen. Therefore, there are no tickets for sale or any confirmed dates. If he does tour, I highly doubt that you will be able to pay for backstage access.

He's going on 70, has no band, no new music to promote, nor any signs hes recording anytime soon. He's about Led Zeppelin and that's it.....which has been and is totally cool with me at this point. Despite others who think they have inside knowledge, new music is ACTUALLY coming this year I'm afraid there is nothing confirming anything close to it ....it even though Jimmy has said its his plan....he's saying it since the turn of the century..

He's about Led Zeppelin and that's it.....which has been and is totally cool with me at this point.

He has done a lot outside of Zeppelin and even recently reworked some of those projects lately. Personally, I'd call him the most versatile member performance wise.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...in 1978, I saw Muddy Waters in concert. He was 65 and died five years later. He didn't even come on stage until his band had been playing for an hour. I don't think he was promoting any "new music"... He had a band, but I'm not sure they were the band he had toured with in the past. They were great. My point: This was the best concert I ever went to (never saw a Zep concert), because 1. He was a legend, 2. He was a great performer, 3. It's the kind of music I love, 4. The last chance...Also, it was a smaller venue so we had great seats. It was totally packed, probably over capacity, and the audience was great. If Jimmy did go on tour, I don't think he would need to be promoting "new music" (although it would be nice to hear something new). He does not need to tour with a "band," as he could draft any number of people to perform with him. It does not matter that he is "going on 70" as he could adjust to play what he can play and do what he can do...it's not like it wouldn't sell out.

I would vastly prefer to see this type of concert in a smaller venue. It's not like he needs the money. What I would hope is that the real fans would get first dibs on tickets. Some of us can pay whatever the non-scalper prices would be...

Archived