2013 NFL Thread

Strider

Well, DAS must be happy where ever he is...

He's been busy with school and finals approaching quickly. Still, I had to take some time to drop in and see what was being said in the NFL thread. It isn't often the Chiefs have the best record in football and I'm very happy.

He's been busy with school and finals approaching quickly. Still, I had to take some time to drop in and see what was being said in the NFL thread. It isn't often the Chiefs have the best record in football and I'm very happy.

You guys never would have escaped if we had either of our QBs. We had the bum third stringer who did play well early. then he gives you a gift 100 yd return. All they had to do was kick the field goal and it would have been lights out. Injuries have killed our season. But I know we are far better than our record

Shock of the day to me was the Raiders gettting beat like that by an Eagles team that looked terriblel before this

Fucking hell! How did the Dolphins manage to win last week with all this turmoil going on with Incognito and Martin?

What the fuck is happening in Miami, Paul?

How did the Raiders manage to put up such a stinker? Unreal

sorry, I posted at same time as Paul. Read above

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Speaking of QB's, reports are Jay Cutler will be back for the Bears next week vs. Detroit. I wonder if that will have any bearing on the picks.

Ha, speaking of QBs, I hear Green Bay might give Matt Flynn a shot now that he's been cut by Buffalo! :blink:

This is a guy who couldn't last with the Raiders and now couldn't even last with Buffalo, a team with serious quarterback issues. He must give 'good interview'. :rolleyes:

Yes, Rick, the Raiders stunk up the joint Sunday against a supposedly battered and wounded Philly team. They made Nick Foles look like Peyton Manning. Pathetic showing and it just reinforces the adage that this Raiders team cannot handle prosperity. When they are expected to win, they usually lay an egg like they did Sunday.

Ha, speaking of QBs, I hear Green Bay might give Matt Flynn a shot now that he's been cut by Buffalo! :blink:

This is a guy who couldn't last with the Raiders and now couldn't even last with Buffalo, a team with serious quarterback issues. He must give 'good interview'. :rolleyes:

Yes, Rick, the Raiders stunk up the joint Sunday against a supposedly battered and wounded Philly team. They made Nick Foles look like Peyton Manning. Pathetic showing and it just reinforces the adage that this Raiders team cannot handle prosperity. When they are expected to win, they usually lay an egg like they did Sunday.

I never heard the guy's name mentioned. So he was never considered here. I am sure Thad Lewis will be ready but I hear EJ may be ready. So if Manuel plays look out pittburgh. If we have them both back it will be a big deal. The game is off the board in Vegas. They are waiting to see the status of the Buffalo QB position. Paul, you made your pick even if its Manuel at QB? I think we are on the way up and the Steelers on the way down. I say the Bills will beat them if Manuel or Lewis plays. Do you think New England would put up 55 on us? No way.

Reports are that EJ Manuel and Thad Lewis will both be ready for Pittsburgh

Edited by LedZeppfan77

If I were still playing the point spread game, Philly being a 1.5 dog against the Packers would be very tempting. Pittsburgh is a 3 point favorite against the Bills, what say ye Rick?

I like the Bills chances. My play of the day comes from a formula that rarely fails. The AFC West theory. San Diego is plus 7 1/2 at home. Take the Chargers and never look back. Its unbeaten so far this year. I believe the Raiders were the winners. Its incredible over the years at how great the success of this theory has been. There was an arcticle in Sports Illustrated on it way back. I have dilligently followed it over the years. Amazing. An AFC West team getting pts at home vs another AFC West team.

Obviously you must be aware that Flynn used to be the back-up in Green Bay and led the team to victories when he had to step in and be the starter - that's why he signed a big contract with Seattle last year - then was cut, then was cut by Oakland, then by Buffalo.... So that's why he and Green Bay are being linked. Personally, I don't know how you can have a back-up through training camp and the first half of the season and he is not the guy you're gonna go with in an injury situation. Wallace wasn't prepared for Chicago due to a lack of reps - he should be prepared for Philly, given a week to practice with the 1st team offense. I remember when Romo had a broken collar bone, he was out about a month. So Green Bay had better hold on, only 5 wins in their pocket is not a guarantee to make the playoffs and not much time when he comes back. Detroit and Chicago fans must be elated with the prospect of having a 2 or 3 game lead over Green Bay, possibly, going into December.