CDs of Zeppelin multi-tracks?

This friend of mine is swearing that "There have been a few Zeppelin cd multis released, in some form or fashion, of their material over the last few years"

We're talking about original isolated tracks of guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, vocals, etc. the multi-track stuff Page recorded in the studio.

I'm not buying it.

Anybody ever heard of such a thing????

The ones that came out last year are "Whole Lotta Love", "What is and What Should Never Be", "Heartbreaker", and "Ramble On."

Those are all complete songs, 8 tracks each. There's other ones floating around such as an 8 minute track of Page doing several takes of the "Heartbreaker" solo, Bonham's drum outtakes from ITTOD, and a partial of Plant's vocals from "Since I've been Loving You."

Edit: Grammar

I've never heard the 8 minute track of Page messing with the Heartbreaker solo. Can you link me to that? The only two I can think of are on the album and the alternate solo on the multitracks.

Not much has been said about it, it just kind of popped up when the multis hit last year, and as far as I know, it hasn't been posted anywhere.

I forgot about this one, but it's heavily disputed. Some people that I would normally believe say it's real, others say it's fake. It does sound very similar to one of the demos of "Four Sticks".

• Administrators

Not much has been said about it, it just kind of popped up when the multis hit last year, and as far as I know, it hasn't been posted anywhere.

I forgot about this one, but it's heavily disputed. Some people that I would normally believe say it's real, others say it's fake. It does sound very similar to one of the demos of "Four Sticks".

Seriously? :rolleyes:

This one...I just don't think it's real. It isn't the same bass track as included on the released mix. The tone seems off, and the playing is much less fluid than Jonesy's.

At worst, it's someone taking the piss; at best, it's an earlier take.

This one...I just don't think it's real. It isn't the same bass track as included on the released mix. The tone seems off, and the playing is much less fluid than Jonesy's.

At worst, it's someone taking the piss; at best, it's an earlier take.

I'm not claiming it was real, nor am I claiming that it sounds like the released mix. I said it sounds like the demo (by demo I mean pre-vocal mix) of the song. I know that it isn't though.

A lot of people were convinced that the Whole Lotta Love bass track sample was not Jones because of the exact reasons you posted.

Archived