6/23/77

godzilla777

Old Dragonfly vinyl For Badgeholders Only Vols 1 & 2 can't be beat IMO, probably the best sounding version of 23/6/77 bar none.

For CD either the old TDOLZ For Badgeholders Only (which utilizes the Dragonly vinyl as main source, Millard recording to patch) or the Sgt Page's... boot (EVSD?) which mainly uses the Mike Millard recording is good as well. As good as Millard's recording is -incomplete though it may be- the Dragonfly source trumps it. If only the Dragonfly tapers had been rolling on June 22 as well!

'Pure' 1st gen copies of all of the Mike Millard recorded LA '77 shows (June 21/23/25/27) made an appearance online a couple years back...I think they've all been bootlegged by now too :lol:

Old Dragonfly vinyl For Badgeholders Only Vols 1 & 2 can't be beat IMO, probably the best sounding version of 23/6/77 bar none.

For CD either the old TDOLZ For Badgeholders Only (which utilizes the Dragonly vinyl as main source, Millard recording to patch) or the Sgt Page's... boot (EVSD?) which mainly uses the Mike Millard recording is good as well. As good as Millard's recording is -incomplete though it may be- the Dragonfly source trumps it. If only the Dragonfly tapers had been rolling on June 22 as well!

'Pure' 1st gen copies of all of the Mike Millard recorded LA '77 shows (June 21/23/25/27) made an appearance online a couple years back...I think they've all been bootlegged by now too :lol:

Agreed! My old tape of my FBO 1 & 2 records sound better than any of the dozen CD bootlegs! However the Sgt. Page's and Brothers in Pinball CDs sound pretty darn good.

I miss my old Dragonfly LPs best sound by far

I wonder why that is, exactly...lord knows most of the old vinyl boots have been drastically upgraded over the years (better gen'd source recordings,etc) EXCEPT that one, it seems...or have known gen sources of the Dragonfly recording ever popped up?

Archived