Lady Gaga former bullied assistant will have her day in court

weslgarlic

Turn on me? Honestly, I don't see how anyone here could defend that...'performance'. It'd make me have to question why Led Zeppelin is their favorite band, lol.

Let them turn, I'm on your side. Not very good at all. But at least she was a person and not a circus clown when she recorded this.

My problem with Lady Gaga in a nutshell is that her relentless image spinning and attention-seeking behavior get in the way of whatever musical talent she may possess. Her public persona is so annoying it's hard for me to listen objectively to her music.

Well said. A musician should be a musician, not a traveling freak-show that performs music on the side. Her style and genre are not my cup of tea so it isn't likely I would listen to her anyways but how could I be expected to respect her as a musician when she behaves like a fool all the time?

Edited by DAS

Let them turn, I'm on your side. Not very good at all. But at least she was a person and not a circus clown when she recorded this.

Thanks, DAS. I wouldn't put down circus clowns by associating them with Lady Gag-me! :lol: Agreed, though.

How dare you knock " the great one " Walter will turn on you too

Turn on you? My initial response in this thread was it is a bullshit article, which it is. Especially after reading what this lawsuit is really about. Then I made a statement about there being many threads on Lady Gaga already on this forum, one of which is on the first page of the "other bands" thread - that you post on many times, daily. You've turned this into some kind of personal responses. Remember, according to you we haven't post with each other the past 6 years - me as 'Walter', you as about 100 different names - so we haven't even spoken and now you are making personal call outs and are speaking about me, when not even speaking to a qoute of mine, or to me directly. Please refrain from talking about me anymore, only to me. Grow the fuck up!

As far as liking Gaga's music and respecting her musical talent, who the fuck cares? To each his own. I just don't understand the hatred displayed by people towards her. Seriously.

Well, there's 40 seconds of my life that I'll never get back. So who'd she gag on to get this career...?

That was just awful. No, you do have to go.

It was ok. not great.. not terrible.

Turn on me? Honestly, I don't see how anyone here could defend that...'performance'. It'd make me have to question why Led Zeppelin is their favorite band, lol.

Well hello there... Led Zeppelin are my favorite band... they have been for almost 40 years.. and I will defend their / her performance.. If I saw a band play that version at a local club, I would appreciate it.. That's all it is .... a hand held camera recording of a local band doing a pretty good job on a Led Zeppelin song. The fact that she is now one of the biggest performers in the world really has no bearing on this.

Watch below. The growth from that D'yer Maker to this is undeniable..

I honestly didn't care either way about her till I watched Howard's interview with her. She's a quality performer and person.

Edited by the chase

My problem with Lady Gaga in a nutshell is that her relentless image spinning and attention-seeking behavior get in the way of whatever musical talent she may possess. Her public persona is so annoying it's hard for me to listen objectively to her music.

I can understand that to a degree.. Doesn't mean she's not talented.. She's not the 1st person to seek attention with her image.. We can all name countless artists who have done this from Elton John performing in a Donald Duck costume to Peter Gabriel's Slipperman, to Bowie, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Cher, Liberace... and on and on... some people like it ... some don't..

It was ok. not great.. not terrible.

Well hello there... Led Zeppelin are my favorite band... they have been for almost 40 years.. and I will defend their / her performance.. If I saw a band play that version at a local club, I would appreciate it.. That's all it is .... a hand held camera recording of a local band doing a pretty good job on a Led Zeppelin song. The fact that she is now one of the biggest performers in the world really has no bearing on this.

Watch below. The growth from that D'yer Maker to this is undeniable..

I honestly didn't care either way about her till I watched Howard's interview with her. She's a quality performer and person.

I watched the video you provided. I even gave it longer than 40 seconds to be fair, just for you. This "growth" you speak of is deniable. The only difference I hear between this and the 'D'yer Maker' cover is that she obviously feels more comfortable and free singing her own rotten lyrics. That song was fucking annoying, IMO.

Fact of the matter is no one would know or give a rat's ass about Gag-me if it weren't for the gimmickry. Her voice is in no way extraordinary. She's as generic as they come - always has been. For every Gag-me there are 100 others just like her to take her place. Pop the heads off and stick 'em on different bodies, whatever, it's all shit and that shit all sounds the same to me.

Well that's fine. Thanks for giving it more than 40 seconds too .. just for me.

I know what the music business is like these days.. There are very talented musicians playing to 20 people in the local bar and people are not that great making millions. The VMA's this year were crap..worse than ever.

But I also think she is an interesting performer.. This stripped down version of a song I never gave the time of day to before opened my eyes that she has more going for her than a gimmick. Howard Stern is also a great interviewer. By the time his interviewer was done, I Iiked her.. I still don't own anything by her and won't any time soon, but she's ok in my book.

Edited by the chase

Turn on you? My initial response in this thread was it is a bullshit article, which it is. Especially after reading what this lawsuit is really about. Then I made a statement about there being many threads on Lady Gaga already on this forum, one of which is on the first page of the "other bands" thread - that you post on many times, daily. You've turned this into some kind of personal responses. Remember, according to you we haven't post with each other the past 6 years - me as 'Walter', you as about 100 different names - so we haven't even spoken and now you are making personal call outs and are speaking about me, when not even speaking to a qoute of mine, or to me directly. Please refrain from talking about me anymore, only to me. Grow the fuck up!

As far as liking Gaga's music and respecting her musical talent, who the fuck cares? To each his own. I just don't understand the hatred displayed by people towards her. Seriously.

I don't hate her. I just find her public persona to be extremely annoying. She's even worse than Madonna circa 1987. However, even when I was sick and tired of Madonna's schtick, I liked some of her songs. I don't like any of Lady Gaga's music so far so there is no upside to her for me.

Her voice is in no way extraordinary. She's as generic as they come - always has been. For every Gag-me there are 100 others just like her to take her place

Seriously? What you got from that stripped down performance is that she's just like everyone else?

What singer today would go on one of the most popular radio shows and sing like that? Alone, no safety net, no backing tracks, just her voice and a piano. She's mega talented - and if you can't see that, that's too bad. I don't care for her on stage/off stage antics, but her voice and talent is in no way ordinary.

Seriously? What you got from that stripped down performance is that she's just like everyone else?

What singer today would go on one of the most popular radio shows and sing like that? Alone, no safety net, no backing tracks, just her voice and a piano. She's mega talented - and if you can't see that, that's too bad. I don't care for her on stage/off stage antics, but her voice and talent is in no way ordinary.

Was what she played on the piano some great and moving composition of originality? Were her lyrics profound in any way? Not in my opinion. So she can 'play' a piano and 'sing'. So can a thousand others. She may be up to par with today's standards but not mine. And they call her a "Rock Star"? :rolleyes:

So who is a talented singer in your eyes then? I'm just curious.

With all due respect, Glyn, what difference does it make who I think is a talented singer? We've already confirmed that our tastes in vocalists are not alike. I don't see how this could resolve our differences in taste or benefit this thread in any way. You chose not answer my questions, so I'll do the same by saying: Not her.