Killing Floor Solo Fillmore West 1969

ZeppMan93

Damn straight! It is all about tone and feeling to me! Forget those 1,000 note a minute solos, to me that is shit (JMO, no offense), give me raw emotion and killer tone any day.

Neil Young's solo in Cinnamon Girl is a good example. I have a guitarist buddy who worships Young and believes he is one of the best guitarists out there because he is so raw. He told me, "give me that one string, three note solo any time over anything Satriani or Vai has done."

He is right, I feel that solo simple as it is, the techo dudes I feel nothing.

This clip has been flying around here repeatedly...it's a great solo no question. It just irks me that the guy who uploaded it uses O2 photos and gave it sort of a misleading title. There are several other clips of this "Killing Floor" performance that use better photos.

I love all the early 1969 performances of "Killing Floor"...2.14.69 Miami and the April 24-27 San Francisco ones are fantastic.

I can appreciate those people who can play guitar a thousand miles an hour, but this type of stuff is what's coursing through your body when you start jamming riffs. I heard some absurd people on other sites say that Jimmy Page really shouldn't be up there with Jimi Hendrix and guys like that. Listen to this solo and then get back to me if he shouldn't be held like that. I think its jealousy to drive to type of people to say that.

Archived