Royal Orleans - my cover version

woz70

It's really good, the sound of the guitars is really close too! And it's nice that you know how to programme drums well, even if at certain places

they are not exactly like in the original! Bonzo was tricky!

This songs on Presence are really complex, although I always considered this more of a jam, than a song!

The vocals are the weakest of all the songs on the album and Robert said it's the weakest album vocally,

of them all!

So you not singing vocals is not that important!

Thanks guys.

There are a few tricks to the tone.... there's far less distortion than you think, and he's rarely got the volume on his guitar up full - it's usually at about 7 or 8 - just loud enough to push the distortion on the amp. If you watch him playing he's constantly fiddling with the volume knob.

Any requests for a follow-up ;) ?

It's quite obvious he doesn't have that much distortion, although less obvious sometimes, like in Communication breakdown! I don't know how often he uses the volume knob, but he looks cool even doing that!

Requests? How about Since I've been loving you? Or perhaps The Rover, as I might be disappointed with programmed drums on SIBLY, I think rarely someone can do them right!!

Would love to hear you cover achilles last stand. But as matjaz said automated drums would kinda not give the same feel. But the drums in this one did sound great. But that tone of yours is absolutely fantasic!

Awesome cover. What do you use to program the drums? I'd like to put together some covers but I can't do the drums.

Thank you! It was all done on logic X, with BFD 2.0. Ludwig kit (of course :) )

Would love to hear you cover achilles last stand. But as matjaz said automated drums would kinda not give the same feel. But the drums in this one did sound great. But that tone of yours is absolutely fantasic!

Achilles is a bit on the long side (I chose Orleans because it's nice and short, and I only had a few hours to spare), and I'd also need an 8-string bass to really do it justice. And... that bass line is a killer to play.

If I'd spent a little more time and effort on the drums, (and not told you they'd been programmed!) I think you'd have had a hard time knowing they weren't real.

Thanks for the props on the tone.... the guitar's a '69 or '70 Gibson Les Paul deluxe, the one with the mini-humbuckers.

Archived