Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

MHD

One of my favourite acoustic Zep tracks. Forgive me, but I'm not musical or know much about what goes on in the studio but I have always wondered if this is Jimmy playing one guitar, one take or is it "multi-tracked/layered" not sure of the correct technical term?

Thanks! :)

One of my favourite acoustic Zep tracks. Forgive me, but I'm not musical or know much about what goes on in the studio but I have always wondered if this is Jimmy playing one guitar, one take or is it "multi-tracked/layered" not sure of the correct technical term?

I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that they would pretty much play together in the studio. For instance, I read somewhere (Maybe in Hammer of the Gods) that when they recorded When the Levee Breaks they put Bonzo in a hallway with his drumset. That's where that strange echo comes from. Although there are a lot of printed rumors about Zep.

Thanks for all for your replies and info...I was particularly refering to Jimmys' guitar as, to my untrained ears, it sounds like 2 acoustics playing a duet! I'm sure someone's gonna tell me that it is the skill and wonder of Jimmys' playing that it makes it sound that way...anyway, can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Thanks for all for your replies and info...I was particularly refering to Jimmys' guitar as, to my untrained ears, it sounds like 2 acoustics playing a duet! I'm sure someone's gonna tell me that it is the skill and wonder of Jimmys' playing that it makes it sound that way...anyway, can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

That would be as a result of him overdubbing multiple guitar parts. Now, about your beautiful ears... :)

Bron-Y-Aur-Stomp is one single track of guitar in an alternate tuning CFCFAF.

I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that they would pretty much play together in the studio. For instance, I read somewhere (Maybe in Hammer of the Gods) that when they recorded When the Levee Breaks they put Bonzo in a hallway with his drumset. That's where that strange echo comes from. Although there are a lot of printed rumors about Zep.

On some stuff they didnt play together. almost the entire "In Through The Outdoor" album was recorded before JP showed up and he over dubbed most of his stuff.

This is what Ive read....but I wasnt there and really dont have a clue!

Archived