Peter Grant stories

Ktn

Unsure what you mean by "old Zep crew" but I'm pleased to announce Warren Grant (Peter Grant's son) has agreed to participate in an online Question & Answer session, Fri, Feb 21st 2014. Link to the event is below. Questions can also be posted to this thread or sent to me via PM. I will ensure they are brought to Warren's attention and share his responses here.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Warren-Grant-a-Q-A/420124728115625?fref=ts

Unsure what you mean by "old Zep crew" but I'm pleased to announce Warren Grant (Peter Grant's son) has agreed to participate in an online Question & Answer session, Fri, Feb 21st 2014. Link to the event is below. Questions can also be posted to this thread or sent to me via PM. I will ensure they are brought to Warren's attention and share his responses here.

unbelievable! How cool is that!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Brief...enjoy:-)

Peter Grant, Led Zeppelin manager, 1992

^^Thanks GriefTourist for video

His interviews always seem to have most of it missing also!

im VERY thirsty for the missing portions of Peters interviews!

BTW i posted that 75 robert plant interview, go check it out! .......if u like

• 2 months later...

i see some questions but nothing else, did this event ever take place? maybe he is waiting for a book deal lol

• 2 weeks later...

Fascinating man. Definitely from an era that no longer exists. I find it quite remarkable that, considering his lack of academic background and upbringing, not to mention his toughness and ability to intimidate, that he was so loyal and honest to his artists. Artist management at that time was run by shysters and crooks, and the artists were almost all ripped off. He clearly saw that if you look after your artists, then they will likely be more successful, which in turn makes everyone richer and happier. It's sad that his life kind of fell apart following Bonham's death, but I guess drugs aside, the end wasn't going to be good considering his size.

• 1 month later...

Peter Grant once sat on Vernon Presley, not knowing that Elvis' father was sitting on the couch also.

Yes, that's right and also in the mid 1970s Colonel Tom Parker considered having Peter Grant manage an overseas tour for Elvis. Elvis never toured outside of the United States because unbeknownst to him Colonel Tom Parker was an illegal alien using an assumed name.

Somone said that was 73-74 ? idk if pagey really OD'd back then.

more likely a good excuse for peter to use for being out all night (if he thot he needed one at that moment)

From what I've read, Page was a heavy cocaine user by 1973 so the OD story is possible.

This is the quote for those who don't have the book.

Hellingly School is a primary school...student ages about 5 to 10...Warren was born circa 1966...unsure if Peter owned a Porsche during this time...he definitely owned a black one much later (circa 1989):

Peterporsche_zpsa03b894d.jpg

Raw (May 17, 1989) (UK)

Archived