How Has Led Zeppelins Music Influenced What Music You Listen To?

Northstar

I must say that Listening to Led Zeppelin with the help of Jimi Hendrix has turned me on to the Blues, I am by no way a Blues expert but over many years have amassed a decent sized collection of Blues recordings. Another way Led Zeppelin has turned me on to new music is by listening to all of their early live recordings and all the different songs that they included in the medleys of How Many More Times, Whole Lotta Love, Communication Breakdown, etc, some really great songs by some really great artists that might have gone unknowen to myself if not for listening to Zep. And finally looking at photos of the concert banners and seeing the names of all the different bands that they performed with back in the day, after listening to many of these bands I have discovered some really great music.

If Led Zeppelin has influenced you to discover some new to you music I would be interested to hear about it in this thread, please reply

I must say that Listening to Led Zeppelin with the help of Jimi Hendrix has turned me on to the Blues, I am by no way a Blues expert but over many years have amassed a decent sized collection of Blues recordings. Another way Led Zeppelin has turned me on to new music is by listening to all of their early live recordings and all the different songs that they included in the medleys of How Many More Times, Whole Lotta Love, Communication Breakdown, etc, some really great songs by some really great artists that might have gone unknowen to myself if not for listening to Zep. And finally looking at photos of the concert banners and seeing the names of all the different bands that they performed with back in the day, after listening to many of these bands I have discovered some really great music.

If Led Zeppelin has influenced you to discover some new to you music I would be interested to hear about it in this thread, please reply

There's other music???

The same for me. I discovered the blues through Led Zeppelin. It was listening to II that I realized that I was a blues fan as much as a rock fan. I also became more interested in the Yardbirds, even though I was already somewhat familiar with them from their hits that were still being played on fm radio in the 70s.

After I realized a I was a blues fan, I went to a Muddy Waters in concert in 1978, five years before he died. It remains to this day the best concert I've ever gone to.

Led Zeppelin is a band to whom I owe a lot of gratitude, for it is because of my thirst to find out more about the artists that inspired the band, did I go on to discover Blues artists like "Muddy Waters", "Blind Willie Johnson", "Robert Johnson", "Willie Dixon", "Howlin' Wolf", 'Memphis Minnie", "Kansas Joe", "Leadbelly" etc.

Led Zeppelin is a band to whom I owe a lot of gratitude, for it is because of my thirst to find out more about the artists that inspired the band, did I go on to discover Blues artists like "Muddy Waters", "Blind Willie Johnson", "Robert Johnson", "Willie Dixon", "Howlin' Wolf", 'Memphis Minnie", "Kansas Joe", "Leadbelly" etc.

Same here, exactly.

Basically introduced me to hard rock, heavy metal, and all the bands that have tried to imitate and that have been influenced by them. Made me look at all the other branches of rock music genres. To put it in a corny metaphor, they help me plant the seed that is my music knowledge.

When I first heard Zeppelin, I was too young too fully appreciate them but I remember the exact moment (it was WLL) & how it made me feel. In fact the music scared me bit - its power & something else I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Looking back, I can see Zeppelin has influenced my preferences ever since - Gunners, Chillis, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Fooies - but Zep was/is clearly the Holy Grail for me,

More recently, have been following Zep, or more accurately Jimmy, back to discover the great music/ians of the 60s - Hendrix, Cream, Yardbirds, Who, Kinks etc. And then there's Jeff Healy & Jack White - it's a long list!

When I first heard Zeppelin, I was too young too fully appreciate them but I remember the exact moment (it was WLL) & how it made me feel. In fact the music scared me bit - its power & something else I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Looking back, I can see Zeppelin has influenced my preferences ever since - Gunners, Chillis, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Fooies - but Zep was/is clearly the Holy Grail for me,

More recently, have been following Zep, or more accurately Jimmy, back to discover the great music/ians of the 60s - Hendrix, Cream, Yardbirds, Who, Kinks etc. And then there's Jeff Healy & Jack White - it's a long list!

My first song I heard was Whole Lotta Love - it floored me. I was at the tender age of 7 (1977).

I aged a bit - 10 or so - and whenever at my grandparents house, I'd ask my two uncles (Ted & Dan) if it was ok to hang in their room and listen to the music they were playing on vinyl - Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, UFO, Black Sabbath, The Move, Captain Beyond, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Cactus, The Who, Genesis, Yes, etc., etc.

You know what happened next - started purchasing my own albums. First - Led Zeppelin II. I was going to make sure I bought everything Led Zeppelin put out! next was Houses Of The Holy & The Song Remains The Same - was florred even more so. The rest is history...

Entered my early 20's, and I made it a point to seek out any bootleg I could get my hands on. 20 years later, I own over 400 bootleg titles by Led Zeppelin. an addition? Possibly. But the music of Led Zeppelin will do thsat to ya'!

Archived