Shows On eBay

ZoSo925

I was on eBay the other night and stumbled across the Jimmy Page book stamped. The book stamped Ace Hotel 11/12/14 and comes with extras like JP tote bag, guitar pick...etc, I had to buy it as I have a collection of rare hard cover Zeppelin photography coffee table books. - Neal Preston, Ross Halfin and the Live Dreams with nice art design books.

Low and behold as I sort through the price filter to see other high value $ items, I'm seeing all these bootlegs on eBay. Call 'em what you want, Import...whatever, we know what it is..lol. When did eBay allow the green light for this ? As there are hundreds on eBay and users feedback history showing floods of Zeppelin titles in their history as well.

From what I remember back in 2007-2008 there was lot of crackdowns but it looks thriving more than ever now on eBay. Is it just Zeppelin more in the news and Page's book they keeping a blind eye for now? I saw some earlier posts long ago certain title names like - Tarantura have bunch on eBay right now... Silver Rarieties was popular long ago and that is on eBay now... weird.

I was thinking of getting rid of some of my collection and don't really have any attachment to them compared to other Zeppelin memorbilia items.

I reckon that the good folks over at EBay have enough on their plates without cracking down on bootleggers. Personally it doesn't bother me that you can buy bootlegs on EBay, but rather the insanely inflated prices that's what frosts my heinie...

Ebay doesn't actually police this sort of thing - they have a way for 'verified rights owners' to send a complaint, which then gets the listing removed with no questions asked.

In the last couple of years it seems Atlantic Records decided to stop scrutinizing ebay for bootlegs, so the floodgates have definitely opened lately.

If you are too lazy to figure out how to download them for free then you deserve to pay those absurd prices!

You do realize that some poor son of a bitch out there needs to buy the goddamn thing and upload it in order for you to be able to download it, right? Bootlegs don't appear for downloading online courtesy of the Torrent Fairy, after all...

You do realize that some poor son of a bitch out there needs to buy the goddamn thing and upload it in order for you to be able to download it, right? Bootlegs don't appear for downloading online courtesy of the Torrent Fairy, after all...

Not necessarily, many shows have been originally uploaded by the taper or someone in possession of the tape. MANY bootlegs for sale on Ebay were simply downloaded from the web, burned to disc and sold on line. That said, I am grateful for those collectors who buy the new stuff from the big companies and then upload to the 'net. Sure, SOMEBODY has to buy those but it doesn't need to be me! (Or you.)

Not necessarily, many shows have been originally uploaded by the taper or someone in possession of the tape. MANY bootlegs for sale on Ebay were simply downloaded from the web, burned to disc and sold on line. That said, I am grateful for those collectors who buy the new stuff from the big companies and then upload to the 'net. Sure, SOMEBODY has to buy those but it doesn't need to be me! (Or you.)

True dat...it has been a couple of years at least since the last time I actually bought a boot CD. But you nailed it, Chef (sorry if I came across a little bit snarky responding to you)...shit, most of the best stuff to come out the last few years has come directly from the taper or collectors, then got booted. The thought of some guy sitting in his mum's basement downloading shows off the net for free then burning them to disc, making copies and selling them for yea bucks on EBay (or in Japan...) makes me want to load up my old thirty ought six and go after some of the bastards...it ain't wabbit season, it's wannabe bootlegger season!

The thought of some guy sitting in his mum's basement downloading shows off the net for free then burning them to disc, making copies and selling them for yea bucks on EBay (or in Japan...) makes me want to load up my old thirty ought six and go after some of the bastards...it ain't wabbit season, it's wannabe bootlegger season!

This!

The crazy thing is there are thousands of bootlegs out here, and a complete identification of all the recording background and identification surrounding them is virtually impossible.

1997 Final Edition Zeppelin Live book says early 68-69 shows were not properly documented, and dates from the early 70's shows are in question because of last minute cancellations and tour changes.

I also have the Updated Edition, so I'm guessing that was the 2nd Version, and Final is 3rd and last book

Before the Final was published they were more recordings found and the included it on the last few pages. That was almost 20 years ago and now there even more shows and people producing shows.

Archived