Jimmy Page - Sound Tracks: Box Set

sam_webmaster

Looks like there's a signed deluxe box set up for sale on ebay already....

Two of them actually. Its kind of sad that it all comes down to this. I am all in favor of entrepreneurship, but there are so many true fans that wanted a crack at these, so they could keep them and enjoy them. These were clearly purchased to flip. Mine is going into my collection, with pride.

I did not buy this but the packaging is really well done Thinking of liquidating 6 remaster cd and sticking to the 94's I have not gotten much out of remaster project but I know most hear them differently than me and have diff opinion but yeah boxes like the soundtraxs should have been done not my kind of music but nice packages indeed

Lucifer Rising is so much more than a soundtrack for a film that didn't use it. Its something that I believe Jimmy had in his mind for a long time. An idea for a grand piece of dark music that featured an army of bowed guitars. Jimmy could never do this within the confines of a Led Zeppelin album. (Dazed,HMMT,ITL notwithstanding). Doing the soundtrack was probably the spark or excuse even that he needed to try and bring his idea together in a cohesive way. You can hear so much more detail, the swirling effects, strange groans, the way it all seems to boil around in and out of the continuous drone. Because it now sounds so much better, you can now tell that he put so much more time and effort into making a multilayered soundscape than the chaotic din it sounds like on the on the solo performances boot.

Given the technology today, if Page ever toured again he could probably use loopers and samplers to recreate a 10 minute version

of LR.JPJ used loops and even computer stuff when he toured. But at Jimmy's age this would require some stiff practice to not

turn into a cloudy mess.

Better yet why not bring John Paul along on a Page tour? John can certainly handle all the sonic effects required to do a Lucifer Rising / Death Wish v2 Tour. Vocals would be at a minimum and can be performed by a decent vocalist. But John and Jimmy would be a perfect match for a tour that reflects these sonic themes of Jimmys'.

Two of them actually. Its kind of sad that it all comes down to this. I am all in favor of entrepreneurship, but there are so many true fans that wanted a crack at these, so they could keep them and enjoy them. These were clearly purchased to flip. Mine is going into my collection, with pride.

Just as a point of correction. These were on sales AFTER the deadline expired for at least 90 minutes after they went back on sale. so while it's a shame people missed out, they were absolutely available for 'true fans' at the designated time. People flipping them or not, if they followed directions in the lottery Email, they would have had one. If people want to make money on them, good luck to them, I think the Ebayers are a little ambitious in their projection, but if they didn't others would.

Just as a point of correction. These were on sales AFTER the deadline expired for at least 90 minutes after they went back on sale. so while it's a shame people missed out, they were absolutely available for 'true fans' at the designated time. People flipping them or not, if they followed directions in the lottery Email, they would have had one. If people want to make money on them, good luck to them, I think the Ebayers are a little ambitious in their projection, but if they didn't others would.

Thanks for the point of correction that didn't correct anything.

A friend of mine got a hold of two of the non signed ones and sold one. Sometimes it's unfortunate but there's nothing illegal about flipping product for profit. I hated not being able to get tix to the 07 show in the lottery when every freakin celebrity managed to get in but it is the way things are. Funny how this bothers people but boots from stolen tapes seems acceptable to some of the same people. ..not directed at anyone in this thread tho....

Got my autographed deluxe box today. It is #26 of 109. I try to tell it like it is, and I don't blindly compliment everything Jimmy does, like some fans do, but I will say that the numbered box set is absolutely stunning, flawless, and made to the highest standards possible. It really is perfect and filled with occult and supernatural imagery; and yes, the box is bound in real leather as described. Thursday night the wife and I are going to crack a bottle and listen to all 4 LP's. All told I paid $862.50 Cdn for this set, but that's a drop in the bucket when you consider the rarity and investment potential of this set.

I was surprised that my set came with 2 books, both of which are the same (one autographed and one not). I assume this was part of the plan? Did everyone else get 2 books?

Can't wait to hear it. So far, top marks to Jimmy on the quality of this set. It is stunning on every level, but more interestingly, the imagery in the book could leave me staring for hours. There are so many little things hidden in there, that Jimmy clearly had a hand in. It reminds me of the hours I spent studying the photos and liner notes of Physical Grafitti when I was a kid. Nothing since the original 10 Zeppelin albums has been quite as capitivating.

Jimmy has an open door to go out and do a spectacular live show featuring this material from LR and DW soundtracks. With the right approach and personnel this could be the Jimmy show we've waited so long for.

with respect to the fact u have much more disposable income than me ....Jimmy should play live in your living room for 800 Cdn dollars...not being negative at all...actually I am always curious and neutral in opinion about collectible things that to me are wayyyyyyyyy out of my price range. Glad it arrived safely..I'd be afraid to play it for that much.

with respect to the fact u have much more disposable income than me ....Jimmy should play live in your living room for 800 Cdn dollars...not being negative at all...actually I am always curious and neutral in opinion about collectible things that to me are wayyyyyyyyy out of my price range. Glad it arrived safely..I'd be afraid to play it for that much.

I understand your point, but I look at this stuff as money in the bank, which it literally is. Frankly, investing in stuff like this is better than putting money into a term deposit. Not that I intend to sell mine anytime soon, or at all, but if I have to, I know that I will see a good return on my investment.

I was surprised that my set came with 2 books, both of which are the same (one autographed and one not). I assume this was part of the plan? Did everyone else get 2 books?

Hi ! I've received mine today, it's number 53/109 and inside there is only one book so I think that they made a mistake with your two books. I am agree with you, there are so many details to discover in this book ! Have you seen the car with the number 666 on it ? And maybe it's me but If you turn upside down the image of the blue eyed face it seems to appear another strange bearded face like a demon or a pagan God. Is it possible or is it my imagination ?

regarding the cover art, The satin finish is pretty cool, I have only one small desire and thats to have had them put something on the back of the cd case either the track list or one of the Zodiac charts even just a larger version of Jimmy's symbol, anything but a blank space.

Just received mine. Very impressive package, the finish on the vinyl covers is excellent, though finger marks will be the ongoing issue here! I've already put them in the plastic sleeve protectors, which is a necessary shame.

I haven't listened to the disks yet but the companion audio tracks seem to contain tracks which significantly differ from the released versions. I think this is an example of what a companion disk should look like.

Although LR not my thing this seems to have been really well done and I have to agree as someone who really isn't into the companion discs although 3 was pretty good

There is great music here for those who want more rarities. Folks shouldn't scoff at this because its 'soundtracks' The classical stuff in the companion disc is worth the price alone. The A minor sketch is really great. It stems from the early 70's and has hints of The Rain Song and Stairway. Anyone who fancies themselves a fan of Jimmy Page in general should be grabbing this and really giving it the attention it deserves instead of overhyping the lackluster companion discs for the Zep albums.

While the reviews for the LR and DW2 packages are mainly positive I can't help but think of how long ago this material was recorded and how little of Jimmy has been produced since. That takes some of the shine off of this release.

While the reviews for the LR and DW2 packages are mainly positive I can't help but think of how long ago this material was recorded and how little of Jimmy has been produced since. That takes some of the shine off of this release.

Not me. It brings back great memories of getting DW2 for Christmas when it was released, and Jam Sandwich was gracing the air waves. I have always loved this soundtrack album.

I agree - great memories. But memories they are and old as well. My point being that I wish in the 35 plus years since that Jimmy had provided more material for even better memories. But alas...none have we.

Just the opposite, because of its rarity it shines all the brighter!

I wore out the grooves of my vinyl back in the eighties, I think I still have the album. I loved it then but now it sounds even better. I was also used to listening through the crappy sound of many vinyl bootlegs so when I got my hands on the Led Zeppelin Solo Performances boot I listened to Lucifer Rising a lot and I always wanted to have it in great sound, now I do.

Archived