Would you buy remastered bootlegs?

I really dont think anyone shoould have to pay for a zep bootleg. Unless being sold under jimmy's release. Isnt it kinda wrong?

I would settle for Jimmy taking a page from the Stones and putting out a "Live Archive", by releasing 'classic' shows warts and all. If Mick Jagger can put out performances where he is slurring and fucking up lyrics all over the place :lol: Jimmy Page (and Robert Plant; John Paul Jones probably wouldn't care that much) can show a little humility and put out some of these shows- clean 'em up in a professional studio, sure, but otherwise leave the goddamn things alone- no editing, no switching up different nights, etc. This would include the full Knebworth and Earls Court videos.

Ooh I do like the idea of an unedited bootleg coming from Jimmy himself. He doesn't need to 're-create' a night that technically never happened.
Polish the sound quality (the recording) up in the studio, but leave actual performances of how it all went down that night as is. If a string breaks
during a solo etc - leave it in. All it shows me is how artistic his mind was on any given night. Jimmy cultivating what could be deemed a major
faux pas in a live concert into another original improvised unique performance - and that goes for ALL 4 of the members.

I love that about the bands live concerts. I never got to experience Zeppelin in the 70's, so bootlegs are the closest I'll get to hearing how
it really went down on any given night. Dusting it off from Jimmy himself in the studio without cutting it all up... yes I'd really enjoy that. :D

Absolutely. But with Jimmy being such a perfectionist there may be time for only a few. I don't know why Jimmy is so concerned about Zeppelin sounding less than perfect as listenting to an unedited Zeppelin comcert is just a blast. I just wish Jimmy could see that and let them roll.

Archived