How the west was won

goldenretreiver157

The thing is there was room for these songs as the third cd is rather short.  Even if he didn't want to include the whole medley of Thank You with Louie Loie, TY could have been included and Tangerine in the acoustic set.

Am I the only Zep head that was a bit disappointed with HTWWW. I just think Robert is high in the mix and Bonzo snare sounds a bit thin. Robert sounds like he's on helium and it really takes away of his nice tone and blues baritone ( almost) that he can muster up at times. Why they didn't  my use the Japan shows from 1971 or MSG shows is beyond me. I plus everything is played a tad fast and it seems rushed. 

I do like STH , DAC, SIBLY and MD.

The Ocean is weak compared to TSRTS version. 

Rock n Roll is annoying with Robert.

Black Dog is rushed and the acoustic stuff to me is a shallow compared to periods tour. 

Just being honest 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 8:20 PM, Blaize86 said:

Am I the only Zep head that was a bit disappointed with HTWWW. I just think Robert is high in the mix and Bonzo snare sounds a bit thin. Robert sounds like he's on helium and it really takes away of his nice tone and blues baritone ( almost) that he can muster up at times. Why they didn't  my use the Japan shows from 1971 or MSG shows is beyond me. I plus everything is played a tad fast and it seems rushed. 

I do like STH , DAC, SIBLY and MD.

The Ocean is weak compared to TSRTS version. 

Rock n Roll is annoying with Robert.

Black Dog is rushed and the acoustic stuff to me is a shallow compared to periods tour. 

Just being honest 

I agree with you about Robert's voice and Bonham's snare sounding thin.  I've never found the tempos to be a problem, though, and I prefer "Black Dog" a tad rushed if the alternative is too slow.  My favourite version is 8/21/71 LA, and that one is coked up by "Black Dog" standards!

Archived