Page & Plant TV Promo Ads?

E A Poe

Hey! Before this gets thrown into the hellfire oven of the newbies section, were there any Page Plant TV promos for their tour? Maybe or maybe not on MTV? Maybe a local promo at the time? 95, I believe. Who was sponsoring them? I think I remember two commercials, but I was very young, and it had some music, and a crowd. The song - bass line for Houses of The Holy riff.

• E A Poe changed the title to Page & Plant TV Promo Ads?
4 hours ago, E A Poe said:

Hey! Before this gets thrown into the hellfire oven of the newbies section, were there any Page Plant TV promos for their tour? Maybe or maybe not on MTV? Maybe a local promo at the time? 95, I believe. Who was sponsoring them? I think I remember two commercials, but I was very young, and it had some music, and a crowd. The song - bass line for Houses of The Holy riff.

Whatever you're thinking of it isn't a Page/Plant tour promo that aired on television. The closest thing I can think of to one was the video montage shown in the Miller Genuine Draft truck exhibition on the first leg of the 1995 North American tour. Anything on tv would have been a promo for a tv show or a store.

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Whatever you're thinking of it isn't a Page/Plant tour promo that aired on television. The closest thing I can think of to one was the video montage shown in the Miller Genuine Draft truck exhibition on the first leg of the 1995 North American tour. Anything on tv would have been a promo for a tv show or a store.

Thank you Steve. Well, and also thank you Steve above. It was neither of the videos.  It sounds more in line with this Miller Genuine truck video montage. This is why I asked who was sponsoring. This rings the bell.

I never saw P & P in 1995, so could this promo including P & P have slipped onto tv just once? If I could just see this montage, I would know. It is archived anywhere to view? Again, thank you both.

Here's the text of a press release from Miller about their sponsorship of that tour: 

It does mention that they will do advertisements related to the tour. Unfortunately, the "mdgdtaproom" link in the release looks like it now belongs to a person instead of a company and it does not contain anything related to the tour. 

13 hours ago, E A Poe said:

Wasn't there ticketmaster commercials advertising the concerts?

9 hours ago, E A Poe said:

I never saw P & P in 1995, so could this promo including P & P have slipped onto tv just once? If I could just see this montage, I would know. It is archived anywhere to view? Again, thank you both.

9 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Here's the text of a press release from Miller about their sponsorship of that tour. It does mention that they will do advertisements related to the tour. 

9 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

I have photos of the MGD truck exhibition but I couldn't locate online the video montage shown inside the truck. I was living in England at the time so I may have missed anything airing on television in the US. However, as a collector, I don't show any promo spots ever aired aside from those that promoted their television program appearances. They relied upon MTV and print media to get the word out about their tours. 

I have links to the video walkthrough of the MGD Page / Plant Memorabilia Truck on my website www.anextranickel.com in the articles & features section.  You can go to part one here: Memorabilia Walkthrough Part One and part two can be found here: Memorabilia Walkthrough Part Two.  Six minutes into part two is the MGD Page / Plant commercial.  I'm pretty sure that the commercial ran on MTV / VH1 during local commercial breaks.  I can check my old VHS tapes to confirm as I taped commercials as well.

Robert

www.anextranickel.com

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, Sems Fir said:

I have links to the video walkthrough of the MGD Page / Plant Memorabilia Truck on my website www.anextranickel.com in the articles & features section.  You can go to part one here: Memorabilia Walkthrough Part One and part two can be found here: Memorabilia Walkthrough Part Two.  Six minutes into part two is the MGD Page / Plant commercial.  I'm pretty sure that the commercial ran on MTV / VH1 during local commercial breaks.  I can check my old VHS tapes to confirm as I taped commercials as well.

Robert

www.anextranickel.com

I wish not to detract as an entrepreneur, the detail into the presentation of this video from Sems Fir. It's an awesome indication of a representation to leave you only wanting more.
I've humbly pay homage for what you have shared. That was amazing for the visually impared. I've never seen the likes on tour of that montage on my stay of the tour that I saw.
Sems Fir, I thank you. Namaste.
Page and Plant I've seen, and the closest I've been was later in their sails.

I think this is amazing.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, luvlz2 said:

Eye Thank ewe. and closer to home Probably what a saw. A 30 or even 15 second tv ad. To me, a Zeppelin fan, it Ruled.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:53 AM, Sems Fir said:

Memorabilia Walkthrough Part Two.  Six minutes into part two is the MGD Page / Plant commercial.  I'm pretty sure that the commercial ran on MTV / VH1 during local commercial breaks.  I can check my old VHS tapes to confirm as I taped commercials as well.

I really don't think it did. I think it was produced only for that truck, as well as the "thank you fans" video segment. If it had aired on television it would have included dates and possibly ticket information. I'm happy to be proven wrong though for as I said I had flown in for some of the North American concerts. My access to the American television programming at the time was limited.

Archived