The Monty Python Thread

Evster2012

Was that from that scene ?? I should know as I have them ??

Mr. Hamilton announces that they are leaving and confronts Basil in the foyer. In front of the other guests he tells Basil that his hotel is a disgrace. Other guests join in complaining about the food and the service. Basil responds by telling them all to leave. Sybil challenges him and he decides that instead he will leave, putting Sybil in charge of dealing with the guests and their complaints.

Basil walks outside the hotel to discover it is raining. After a few seconds he rethinks, returns to the hotel and asks for a room. The episode ends with him demanding breakfast in bed and a Waldorf salad with "lashings of hot screwdriver".

:D

Mr. Hamilton announces that they are leaving and confronts Basil in the foyer. In front of the other guests he tells Basil that his hotel is a disgrace. Other guests join in complaining about the food and the service. Basil responds by telling them all to leave. Sybil challenges him and he decides that instead he will leave, putting Sybil in charge of dealing with the guests and their complaints.

Basil walks outside the hotel to discover it is raining. After a few seconds he rethinks, returns to the hotel and asks for a room. The episode ends with him demanding breakfast in bed and a Waldorf salad with "lashings of hot screwdriver".

:D

Ok yes thanks !! I love the episode where the deaf old lady doesn't like her room and Basil says what do you expect from a Torquay window, The hanging gardens of babylon :)

Bloody Romans!!

REG:

Yeah. All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us in return?!

XERXES:

The aqueduct?

REG:

What?

XERXES:

The aqueduct.

REG:

Oh. Yeah, yeah. They did give us that. Uh, that's true. Yeah.

COMMANDO #3:

And the sanitation.

LORETTA:

Oh, yeah, the sanitation, Reg. Remember what the city used to be like?

REG:

Yeah. All right. I'll grant you the aqueduct and the sanitation are two things that the Romans have done.

MATTHIAS:

And the roads.

REG:

Well, yeah. Obviously the roads. I mean, the roads go without saying, don't they? But apart from the sanitation, the aqueduct, and the roads--

COMMANDO:

Irrigation.

XERXES:

Medicine.

COMMANDOS:

Huh? Heh? Huh...

COMMANDO #2:

Education.

COMMANDOS:

Ohh...

REG:

Yeah, yeah. All right. Fair enough.

COMMANDO #1:

And the wine.

COMMANDOS:

Oh, yes. Yeah...

FRANCIS:

Yeah. Yeah, that's something we'd really miss, Reg, if the Romans left. Huh.

COMMANDO:

Public baths.

LORETTA:

And it's safe to walk in the streets at night now, Reg.

FRANCIS:

Yeah, they certainly know how to keep order. Let's face it. They're the only ones who could in a place like this.

COMMANDOS:

Hehh, heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

REG:

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

XERXES:

Brought peace.

REG:

Oh. Peace? Shut up!

Edited by endorasmask

Ok yes thanks !! I love the episode where the deaf old lady doesn't like her room and Basil says what do you expect from a Torquay window, The hanging gardens of babylon :)

Classic!!! But nothing beats the Germans!! Then again the episode with O'Reilly plastering up the stairway is a gem! Then again, when Kurt's "potted the shrimps under the table"... :hysterical:

Dude, get a life-or post this crap on another site....you wanna make comments...lets roll!

DUDE, what the fuck are you talking about?? This is a Monty Python appreciation thread, and that's from one of their movies. Duh!

Edited by Evster2012

DUDE, what the fuck are you talking about?? This is a Monty Python appreciation thread, and that's from one of their movies. Duh!

Are you kidding? I've already copied the four Yorkshiremen and emailed it to everyone I figure will find it funny. I don't know where you're finding this, but keep it coming!

Ev, just let him go. He probably talks just to hear himself talk.

I just don't get it. Why the hostility? Clearly the guy doesn't know Monty Python, but still... Just because he's got a pic of himself with Jonesy doesn't amount to shit. There's a community here that's thrived for years. I'm not gonna stand for some tosser taking a piss on me. "Let's roll". This little wanker should walk softer among strangers.

You've got a point. Newbies shouldn't do that. Meeting JPJ is great, but that doesn't give him rights to walk all over everyone. That's okay, you have a postcard from Robert, so he could locate you if nessecary.(sp?, I don't know how to spell that.)

Classic!!! But nothing beats the Germans!! Then again the episode with O'Reilly plastering up the stairway is a gem! Then again, when Kurt's "potted the shrimps under the table"... :hysterical:

Yes its all fantastic, each episode is a classic in its own right !! :)

You've got a point. Newbies shouldn't do that. Meeting JPJ is great, but that doesn't give him rights to walk all over everyone. That's okay, you have a postcard from Robert, so he could locate you if nessecary.(sp?, I don't know how to spell that.)

Shameless self promotion here, but yes, this guy might have met Jonesy, but yes, Robert has our address and actually says hello.

Sorry pal. :whistling:

Postcard.jpg

Edited by Evster2012

Ev, that is beyond cool. I wish I could have something of the sorts. And that's not shameless self promotion. That guy was rubbing meeting JPJ in our faces so, that's just showing you collection. No harm in that.

Edited by lzfan715

I don't have on any Zep clothing right now. It's all dirty, but I did get new shirts for Christmas, so now I have more.

Tell Angi I said hello.

And how was your Christmas?

Angi says hi! We had a great Xmas with true friends. What more could one ask? It was a great and warm day amidst troublesome times and a great break from the worries. I feel stupid asking this, because we're obviously friends, but I don't recognize your screen name. Did you have a different one on the old board? Or have I had too many beers? :lol:

Either way, hugs from both of us! :wave:

Yes, I was on the old board, except my picture was of Robert Plant at TSRTS Premiere party. I'm Alicia, you've said you remember me from the old. Don't feel stupid for asking, it's an adjust meant and a lot of people changed their names.

My mind comes and goes too. I'm only 14 so my future of remembering doesn't look too bright, but that's okay. I don't rememeber half of the people until I hear their old names. Unless they just changed the user name to their actual name.