On 11/14/2019 at 3:46 AM, Badgeholder Still said:

Regreting missing Beck this summer. I'll catch him next time around.

Have you caught any of the "Colors" tour shows? I didn't see any of this year's shows but he rocked the Hollywood Bowl last September on one of the early legs of the tour. "Colors" is a fun album and the shows on this tour reflect that...he's having a blast and it reminds me of the "Odelay", "Midnight Vultures", and "Guero" tours.

The thing about Beck is that he has so many phases and facets to his music...and I love them all. I love the acoustic "Mutations" Beck. I love the lush, orchestral "Sea Change" and "Morning Phase" Beck. I love the funky "Midnight Vultures" Beck. I love the weird, all-genres in a blender "Odelay" Beck.

The guy is ridiculously talented and seemingly ageless.

• 4 weeks later...

I am hearing the new beck songs on the radio and noticing that they are still very commercial and pop...like his 2017 album colors. Maybe beck is commenting on todays music industry, while competing with the changing music market. Still, i could hear bruno mars or taylor swift covering becks, colors record. In fact i could see it as a great exercise, for record companies to ask young artists or bands to put their stamp on becks, colors album, to hear what they would do. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/16/2019 at 5:05 PM, kirchzep27 said:

I bought the beck album from 2017 colors

It is soooo commercial and pop on purpose. And GREAT. I usually bought beck records for total weirdness and drunken bob dylnesque lyrics. Yet this album works....this guys creativity is actually crazy. 

I love Colors, totally agree. I have all of his albums, he's crazy talented.

I love, love, love Beck. I've seen him live a few times, and they were immensely enjoyable shows. Morning Phase was stunning and absolutely deserved the Grammy for Album of the Year, and Hyperspace, his most recent album, is fantastic. I heard someone call him this generation's David Bowie, and I think that's a pretty damn good compliment.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...