Olympia 1969 Film?

1998giventofly

A while ago, I had come across someone/some article or interview that mentioned the existence of an actual film for the Olympia 1969 show. I believe the rumor had some French critic in possession of the film. Unfortunately I can't find that source and it's driving me nuts! I was wondering if anyone else had heard this or has any more information about it?

3 hours ago, June72 said:

It may have been a case of them confusing film with an audio tape, which happened with Montreux '70.

Oh no this source was talking about the actual audio recording after it had come out, and then mentioned a possible hoarded film as well. I'll keep trying to track down this source though, it's incredibly irritating to remember reading this but not be able to find where I had seen it.

8 hours ago, 1998giventofly said:

Oh no this source was talking about the actual audio recording after it had come out, and then mentioned a possible hoarded film as well. I'll keep trying to track down this source though, it's incredibly irritating to remember reading this but not be able to find where I had seen it.

Highly unlikely Peter Grant would have permitted filming of the performance.

The review of the October 5th show in Amsterdam mentions “TV cameras where everywhere...”. Perhaps is it this one you’re thinking of?

ir perhaps he was mistaken from the June, Paris TV appearance we have.

Speaking of the Paris June 1969 TV performance. In the Timeline review here it states more is available like the beginning of Dazed.  I wonder why that wasn’t used for “DVD” unless the complete version was discovered later?

Edited by Sticks of Fire

4 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

The review of the October 5th show in Amsterdam mentions “TV cameras where everywhere...”. Perhaps is it this one you’re thinking of?

ir perhaps he was mistaken from the June, Paris TV appearance we have.

Speaking of the Paris June 1969 TV performance. In the Timeline review here it states more is available like the beginning of Dazed.  I wonder why that wasn’t used for “DVD” unless the complete version was discovered later?

Nope, definitely remember it being the 10/10 Olympia performance; I wouldn't confuse the two. I hadn't heard about the possible Amsterdam footage though, but I'll keep looking for that source I mentioned.

1 hour ago, 1998giventofly said:

Why is that? I know he was against TV broadcasts of the band, but would he have been against the show being filmed for archival purposes or a later release of some sort?

He always maintained Led Zeppelin should never be seen on a small screen.  Short sighted in hind-site.