Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 2/21/2021 at 4:09 PM, BobDobbs said:

What is wrong with you people??? No mention of the greatest songstress in HISTORY? Possibly the greatest musician since Bach???

For shame, for SHAME!!!! Here you go you unwashed heathen, feast your eyes and ears upon perfection and Canadian Connie :

 

 

This lady's voice is the soundtrack to my early childhood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

^^ these here guys built their sound around the post-punk aesthetic from late 70s/early 80s, but I'll be DAMNED if I don't hear some Zep influence in there ..

Good stuff, both bands. This is great posting such music as I never heard of either before.

Anne Murray, yep, same with me, she was the soft rock darling of the early to mid-70's. I remember hearing Danny's Song by Loggins & Messina for the first time around 1974 and thought, "this guy does a nice cover of Anne Murray's song" only to find out it was the other way around. 

Kinda funny as I had a bit of a crush on Ms. Murray back in the day 😉 

Anne Murray, Emmylou Harris, and Barbara Mandrel...hubba hubba.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BobDobbs said:

Good stuff, both bands. This is great posting such music as I never heard of either before.

Anne Murray, yep, same with me, she was the soft rock darling of the early to mid-70's. I remember hearing Danny's Song by Loggins & Messina for the first time around 1974 and thought, "this guy does a nice cover of Anne Murray's song" only to find out it was the other way around. 

Kinda funny as I had a bit of a crush on Ms. Murray back in the day 😉 

Anne Murray, Emmylou Harris, and Barbara Mandrel...hubba hubba.

Thanks man! Always happy to share good stuff with fellow Zep fans. Both those bands are from the 2005-2010 period in music where there was a TON of horrible music out there but also some good stuff kinda flying under the radar. F-ed Up was perfect workout music lol.

Hearing that Anne Murray song made me seek out "You Needed Me" on YouTube just now 😂. Instant childhood flashback. Like, craving the sketchy ass Pepperidge Farm brownie cake my mom would always bring home from the store. I think they still sell those, actually ...

I've heard of all those ladies you mention and love all their music but I didn't get hubba hubba with girls til a few years later in the 70s lol. Catherine Bach aka Daisy Duke was the one who made me suddenly realize just what all those songs I kept hearing were really about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Thanks man! Always happy to share good stuff with fellow Zep fans. Both those bands are from the 2005-2010 period in music where there was a TON of horrible music out there but also some good stuff kinda flying under the radar. F-ed Up was perfect workout music lol.

Hearing that Anne Murray song made me seek out "You Needed Me" on YouTube just now 😂. Instant childhood flashback. Like, craving the sketchy ass Pepperidge Farm brownie cake my mom would always bring home from the store. I think they still sell those, actually ...

I've heard of all those ladies you mention and love all their music but I didn't get hubba hubba with girls til a few years later in the 70s lol. Catherine Bach aka Daisy Duke was the one who made me suddenly realize just what all those songs I kept hearing were really about.

Hey, you think Barbara Bach was hot, check out the ladies they had on BJ & the Bear. I used to love that show and not because of the damn monkey or Greg Evigan 😉 

Also, big fan of Heather Thomas from The Fall Guy. 

Of course we cannot forget Canada's greatest musical export: Celine Dion (joking, though I do like her). Now if Celine put some meat on her bones like she had back in 92' and was not bat-shit crazy (good job Renee'), add another to the list!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Hey, you think Barbara Bach was hot, check out the ladies they had on BJ & the Bear. I used to love that show and not because of the damn monkey or Greg Evigan 😉 

Also, big fan of Heather Thomas from The Fall Guy. 

Of course we cannot forget Canada's greatest musical export: Celine Dion (joking, though I do like her). Now if Celine put some meat on her bones like she had back in 92' and was not bat-shit crazy (good job Renee'), add another to the list!

I love that there was a tv show actually called "BJ and the Bear" 😂😂 I did check out those ladies and see what you mean! Wow.

I had a poster of Heather Thomas in my room in 1984 haha

Celine Dion ...?!! Dang Bob .. I dunno man lol.  

Bringing it back to Canadian music (sorry for that detour, female readers lol), here comes the mic drop (and an appropriate song considering what we were talking about):

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

I love that there was a tv show actually called "BJ and the Bear" 😂😂 I did check out those ladies and see what you mean! Wow.

I had a poster of Heather Thomas in my room in 1984 haha

Celine Dion ...?!! Dang Bob .. I dunno man lol.  

Bringing it back to Canadian music (sorry for that detour, female readers lol), here comes the mic drop (and an appropriate song considering what we were talking about):

 

Well I stand by my Celine comment as she does have a great voice even if her music sucks here and there. Plus I thought she was pretty hot back in the day (early-mid-90's). That being said, never stick yo Johnson in crazy, it never ends well. Then again it was her shitty parents who allowed the pedophile rapist Rene' Anjelil to manage her at 12 years old and then marry her once she became of legal age (sure, no hanky panky going on during the intervening years). Then old Rene' constantly sexually assaulting women on elevators which cost Dion several million in payouts.

The Guess Who, loved that band and I thought Burton Cummings had an amazing and strong voice. He is a very underrated singer IMO and could hold his own with Plant & Daltry.

Edited by BobDobbs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Well I stand by my Celine comment as she does have a great voice even if her music sucks here and there. Plus I thought she was pretty hot back in the day (early-mid-90's). That being said, never stick yo Johnson in crazy, it never ends well. Then again it was her shitty parents who allowed the pedophile rapist Rene' Anjelil to manage her at 12 years old and then marry her once she became of legal age (sure, no hanky panky going on during the intervening years). Then old Rene' constantly sexually assaulting women on elevators which cost Dion several million in payouts.

The Guess Who, loved that band and I thought Burton Cummings had an amazing and strong voice. He is a very underrated singer IMO and could hold his own with Plant & Daltry.

Oh man, I didn't know any of that stuff. That's really sad. And yeah, she does have a great voice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

The Guess Who, loved that band and I thought Burton Cummings had an amazing and strong voice. He is a very underrated singer IMO and could hold his own with Plant & Daltry.

Yeah, totally agree. I read somewhere once (can't remember where) that Robert Plant supposedly said if he could sing like anyone else, it would be Burton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, The Pagemeister said:

 

🤣🤣 oh man, this made my morning. Thank you for this. I love how they made the guitarist and drummer wear matching mustard yellow shirts lol. And also how the video starts off with the camera on the super creepy yet also goofy-looking guitarist, and then we never see him again. The producer of the show is like "cut away, cut away!!". He kinda looks like Rainn Wilson if he put on a few pounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...