David Coverdale on Coverdale/Page album anniversary / possible release in 2023

sam_webmaster

51 minutes ago, Brigante said:

Very odd. It's not so long back that Coverdale said they'd got the rights back for CP,  'so we can do what we want with it'. 

Exactly. Sounds like One of them doesn’t want to do the project or have it released in a deluxe anniversary format. CDs are not a dead format. They have been misinformed. Blu-ray audio (Atmos surround), 4k UHD, etc all share the same size and play perfectly from blu ray players, 4K players, etc. We know most  streaming services are popular, but most overcompress the audio (Loudness wars). They’re really missing a great opportunity to release 30th anniversary C/P deluxe set with bonus a/v footage, Rehearsals, b-sides, unreleased tracks, live tracks (vinyl, cd, Blu-Ray audio/video).

R😎

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's pretty clear which one of them wants to do something with the CP material and which one doesn't!
Agreed re. cds, etc, I'd always prefer a physical format. You pay for it once, it's yours and you can play it as many times as you like. I can see why the industry wants to phase that out in favour of something that costs them less, makes them more money and gives them more control. I hope it doesn't happen. Mind you, I heard the head of some small record label recently complaining that there was only one remaining cd pressing plant in Europe and it'd created a total bottleneck in the system that was making everything increasingly difficult. Dunno if that's true, but if so, the lack of  infrastructure alone could spell the end. Shame.

3 hours ago, Brigante said:

Yes, it's pretty clear which one of them wants to do something with the CP material and which one doesn't!
Agreed re. cds, etc, I'd always prefer a physical format. You pay for it once, it's yours and you can play it as many times as you like. I can see why the industry wants to phase that out in favour of something that costs them less, makes them more money and gives them more control. I hope it doesn't happen. Mind you, I heard the head of some small record label recently complaining that there was only one remaining cd pressing plant in Europe and it'd created a total bottleneck in the system that was making everything increasingly difficult. Dunno if that's true, but if so, the lack of  infrastructure alone could spell the end. Shame.

I heard the same thing re: cd pressing plant. I’ve actually seen a few limited edition cd-r’s released (from major labels) “independently” on the down low to see if they could profit and what the reception would be like to a niche market of fans.

R😎

Edited by reids

• 1 month later...